Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 2; CODE:2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass Effect 2; CODE:2 Empty Mass Effect 2; CODE:2

Post by Guest Sun 10 Oct 2010, 02:56

Hello Forum,
I am having critical problems when it cames about installing Mass Effect 2, I tried it all, Razor1911, all the current torrents, and all my Brazillian Friends has it, and all they say how easely was for them to Install the game. I run out of Vocabulario with them a long time ago, but your particular torrent caught my attention, as it seems very simple do install.

I'll try to explain my problem:

Error During the extraction of one or several files.

Click Retry to try again or Cancel to Cancel Installation.

ERROR: Try to use /SHOWERROS commandline parameter to see detailed error message

CODE: 2

(No matter how many times I Retry, the Installation seems to continue a constant repetition of that Popup)

My particular problem is on extraction of the file's "Data-B\A" by Using Winrar, but still, The Data B|A are corrupted no matter how many times I download the torrent pale
Today I experimented the 7zip, I was able to extract Data-B|A Archives. The setup seems to work, but whenever 30 seconds the popUp CODE2 appears asking a "Retry"
Also the Installations doesn't continue after retrying.
I'd like if you G4W folks could make an ISO version, or help me with a possible fix, 'cause I loved the Mass Effect 1, and I'm desperate because no other Me2 Torrent seems to work. All got corrupted.. please guys.. I'm blind, help me open my Eyes.

Sincerely,

DarkGenius.

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2; CODE:2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 2; CODE:2

Post by Admin Tue 12 Oct 2010, 14:49

Hello,

Did you use WinRar, which can be Downloaded from www.games4theworld.org, to extract the files?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Oct 2010, 16:42

Yes, it didn't extract properly, although I may have found a way to Install it.

I've met this guy. "Sathvil" which reveled Private Installment Methods. It seems you can "Alter the Installation Order" on Install Manifest by opening it with notepad and Altering the Load Order. For installing correctly. As it was. Quoted by him:

It has nothing to do with the system clock. Its just that they have a bad file on their servers. In fact i've been able to install and play the game with a tweak to the installation manifest file (installmainfest_en.ini, its in C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\{ 2285357738 }\dragonage\data). Did it by removing the campaign_movies2.rar entry from the manifest and reordering all the entries sequentially and by setting the numberoffiles entry field to 13 instead of of 14.

After installation (which should be fine now), i manually unrared the campaign_movies2.rar from the cache directory to the dragon age installation directory, minus the riordan movie file of course since it is naturally corrupted. The game should work fine, just that u won't be able to see that particularly movie, but I guess that'll occur somepoint later in the game, and this would be a temporary remedy till EA fixes their digital download.

I have the same problem with the installation terminating at 75%. Checked it and found out that its because one of the movie files in the campaign_movies2.rar package is corrupted. The filename in question is cli220cs_riordan_dies.bik. I've already emailed EA tech support about it, and hopefully they fix it. I know its definitely not a bad connection on my part, cause i've like downloaded this game about 3 times, and its always the same file that comes out bad.

Studying his theory, and retrying his experiment, I was able to install Dragon Age Awakening Properly by Also altering Setup compatibility to Windows 98 \ Windows ME. And putting an "Crack" on the Folder.
Though I may not have tryed that "Cracking" Part Yet.

That's how it worked for me in DA. But I'll also Try to do in ME2, If anyone else having a similar issue, I suggest you petition try the methods above.

Wish you Guys Luck.

Sincerely,

DarkGenius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Oct 2010, 16:47

I hope you guys, keep that method above a Secret, Bioware might see this and change the "Secret Developer Installment Process"

MOD EDIT: Problem solved by topic starter. Topic closed.
-NARONG30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top