Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2012, 10:35

First topic message reminder :

Hello, as you can see I am fairly new to this forum and I don't really know my way around it.  The reason why I'm complaining is I was just about ready with all my expansions that I downloaded from your account on The Pirate Bay because I've been having problems with all sorts of things for the past couple of days. I finally got it all straighten out today at a pretty late time and was overjoyed with everything working again. I was just waiting for The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff to download so I could have absolutely no more problems from what I saw. I got called over by my dad shortly after quitting the game and apparently Comcast, our internet provider, found out I had "Copyrighted Material" or something like that from The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff that violated the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The thing that really upsets me is that is was from only one expansion pack/stuff pack and that was the RAR file that I downloaded and equipped in uTorrent and then extracted with WinRar.  So, I was forced to delete every expansion pack I had downloaded so my dad wouldn't "go to jail or get in trouble". Don't get me wrong, you guys are magnificent and I can't thank you enough for what you did for many others and myself included. Downloading all those expansion packs/stuff packs was honestly the highlight of my summer because I could never afford the other expansions packs/stuff packs and my parents never bought me them for my birthday or Christmas. I was so excited when my friend told me she had all the other Sim games installed on her computer for free as I could finally play them without paying thirty or so dollars. The thing is that I originally had The Sims 3 downloaded on my computer and my friend brought over The Sims 3 Ambitions for me to install and play with. I had a problem with my Sims 3 game and was forced to uninstall it and download it from TPB. I had to delete that too so now I only have Ambitions, which I can't  play because the base game is gone too. I'm now feeling sad and mad over the whole situation and feel like I didn't need to have EA on my case if the games weren't so bloody expensive. Is this the first time you guys have heard of this? Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do now? Also, does anyone know where I can buy The Sims 3 expansion packs/stuff packs for cheap or not so expensive? That seems like my only opinion. By the time I have all the expansion packs, EA will come out with more and more things and it upsets me that I have to spend all that money for old games and then spend more money on newer games. Anyways, I hope this doesn't annoy you guys or come off as whiny but I just felt like saying all this since it's so frustrating. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 27 Sep 2012, 20:58

Admin wrote:

Lady ElDi wrote:
I did recently get an Xbox and bought 3 games for it.
Wait, wut? The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED] - Page 2 2279017149

Uhm yes, hubby really wanted one and acquired it. Don't ask, I didn't either. He sometimes gets good stuff for cheap from junkies Laughing
Then we got some disney game for our daughter, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations for ourselves. Then I got Skyrim for my birthday.
I don't know when I'll be able to get my pc. We have other priorities and this was a quicker options.
I have to get used to the controller and our tv is too small but, on the other hand, playing a game from the comfort of a recliner has its advantages.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 22:17

Woah, Lady ElDi goin' badass' again! Shocked

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Sep 2012, 07:30

Admin wrote:Woah, Lady ElDi goin' badass' again! Shocked

That is, Mr. Lady Eldi is. Ah you know how it goes, junk needs couple €'s, sells expensive stuff for €50 to get it. He often runs into these types during work and has experience with these people.
We got the games the regular way though, lol.

Me I'm not really that badass'. I would never come up with these things myself. Actually, if I didn't game at all, I would probably be an average housewife. Though I would never watch soaps Laughing
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:20

I've downloaded a very large amounts of things.

At first I didn't even use basic protocol encryption.

I do use it now but that's all.

Never so much as a warning and I live in the USA.

Smaller scale ISP companies tend to stay out of your business more unlike bigger companies like Comcast.

I use an ISP that is local to a certain part of the USA.

As long as you use basic encryption and don't give them a reason to actively look into your data you should be fine.

I once saw a chart on Wikipedia that had the ISPs that warn people the most. I believe Comcast was number one and Verizon was second or so.

I can't find the chart but you get the idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 04:33

That really sucks! I have never had that happen to me before. I still get music to listen too as well. Not sure if you remember the early day's of Napster and AudioGalaxy? Anyways

There is another way also, download for about and hour then shut down Bittorrent or utorrent which ever you use. then start it up again 2-3 days later...This will make sure to keep you low on the radar, just don't abuse it. Do NOT ever try and download all EP and SP's in one single torrent or get highly anticipated popular games like COD or WOW they will nail you for sure... Usually there are things packed with the download that is pretty useless imo. NFO files txt documents. Which 98% of them only include where it was originally downloaded from and then all their info in another txt file.

If a game comes with Power ISO, DT included pass on it. You can get those from the makers websites, Now some txt docs will have some useful instructions, like I said 98% never does. say if it has a code for Sims 2 or 3 you can go online and find them relatively easy. Well hope things work out for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 14:21

I'd like to let you guys know that last year, I had the same problem. I was a customer of Comcast, and I had just downloaded Master Suite Stuff. I was scared to death, and I didn't pirate anything for a while. After I moved and got a new internet provider, I did some research, and realized that I wasn't really in that much trouble.

At first, I thought it was because I downloaded Master Suite Stuff incredibly soon after it was released, but then I downloaded Seasons (with the new internet provider) and I didn't get any letter (because I don't have Comcast anymore).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 19:19

If it's one thing I like about this country (East Europe) is that the internet here is the purest example of democracy and anti- as well as pro-capitalism you're gonna find anywhere on the globe. (if we can call democracy "pure", pure bullshit sometimes but w/e) None of our providers give a damn whether you pirated the entire Hannah Montana collection or have e-mails from Bin Laden (r.i.p.) on your PC. Companies have complained, RDS just couldn't find f*cks to give. That's probably because they are about as legal as the stuff we pirate but there you have it...

Anyway providers are allowed to monitor their users in our so called democratic countries, and you can be damn sure that there's good $$$ coming in for them from the software companies to do so. But I don't think it's illegal to restrict them from poking their noses too much and removing or modifying files on your computer. I wouldn't know about that though since I never needed to...

It's generally a good idea to read the contract and the terms of agreement before signing with the provider though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 19:49

Interesting... I've had Comcast for about 6 months and have downloaded about 100GB of stuff in that time frame. I just make sure not to seed anything, may it be true or not, the ISP can track your IP from seeding. Better safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Feb 2013, 19:55

danim0nster wrote:I just make sure not to seed anything, may it be true or not, the ISP can track your IP from seeding. Better safe.
Hello there,

That's not really appreciated by the torrenting community. It's what we call "Leeching": downloading a file, without sharing it.
Without people sharing a file, a torrent will die eventually. Torrenting depends on people seeding (sharing).
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 20:07

Whoops. I didn't know that. >_<

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Feb 2013, 20:14

danim0nster wrote:Whoops. I didn't know that. >_<
Now you do. The Sims 3 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. [CLOSED] - Page 2 294340757
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top