Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!  Empty The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 20:49

Ill best describe the problem as best as i can. (I have downloaded the games The sims 3, Master suite stuff, High end loft stuff, World adventures, Late night, & Ambitions)

1. when i open up the launcher is launches perfectly fine, plays the intro video and when its over it will come to a black screen where it loads and as the words slip by it starts to look a mess and scramble.

2. then when it comes to the page where to pick a town, the writting doesnt show up, where the writting is suppose to be.. its completely blanc (theres no context) it shows bridgetown, sunset valley, and twinbrook. but when i click it it shows to text-less boxes i can choose from.

3. when i click the text-less box from any city i click the right hand side box and after it has loaded about 10% of the way it just stops working and a little pop up then says "The sims 3 has stopped working"

i followed the steps to my knowledge correctly and done it in order, but clearly what did i do wrong? how can i fix this so i can play and enjoy?!

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!  Empty Re: The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!

Post by t2sink Sun 16 Sep 2012, 00:41

Can you tell us the specs of your Computer, Windows XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bit OS, Amount of Ram, and Graphics Card. Windows Key+R, or start and run, either search for run, or if you have it on the bottom of the right column (that one might just be me tho) then type in dxdiag, might be prompted and say yes, but that will have the info on Systems tab and the Display for the Graphics Card.

Move your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 to your desktop, to make sure it's not a mod/custom content problem.

Then if that doesn't make sure you re-check every step on here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If that doesn't and no one else does a reply on how to fix it. I say do a uninstall/re-install of everything, and probably a re-check on the .rar files you got with using the torrent client, if they are still in it/you still have them. Since you also used WinRAR to decompress them right?
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!  Empty Re: The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 04:18

-Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit

-6144MB Ram

-Intel(R) Hd Graphics

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!  Empty Your computer

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 08:34

How old is your computer?

New or old? Do you have cc that may be corrupting the game?

I had some cc once where it corrupted the loading screen to the main menu after the latest update at the time, deleted it and it worked. If you have cc just delete the mods/packages or whatever *recommened you save this folder to a usb or something* and then try it. Try and pick out the most obvious likely to crash mod and then delete it if you prefer to play with most mods/hacks or cheats. Hope this helps! The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!  3479271199

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 16 Sep 2012, 13:04

//MOVED
The sims 3 has stopped working.. HELP!  -0987610
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top