Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED] Empty Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 01:34

this was copied and pasted directly from the CURRENT PDF

10. For The Sims 3 – Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations: open the "Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!) and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

Ok this instruction is not possible to do due to the files in the master update.
The instructions say to take both files from each of the following:
Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats &
Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff &
Generations

and place them into the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Why this is not possible is because each one of those all have this file in it:
TSLHost.dll

Now anyone that understand how a .dll works they know it's a different type of .exe, and even though it's the same file name, it's edited specifically for the exact program it's with, in other words each TSLHost.dll has something different done to it to make the specific expansion it's with work. Which means the game is only going to recognize ONE of those TSLHost.dll and not each one.

So the instruction shown above contradicts itself because you would need all the data from each exact TSLHost.dll file in order to not have any errors.

In case you still do not understand i'll say it like this,

The TSLHost.dll found in Diesel is not the same exact TSLHost.dll found in Katy Perry, each one has their own TSLHost.dll that does something specific for each expansion that file is found in.
Multiple files with the same name cannot exist inside the same directory,

So in short here is what is happening, when i put the TSLHost.dll from Katy Perry into the directory it says to, then do the same with Diesel, the TSLHost.dll in Diesel is not making the one from Katy Perry obsolete, and now it only things the Diesel TSLHost.dll is the only one in there.

NOw if it's all the same file just put into multiple directories, then that is retarded because look at this topic. Don't put the same file in every expansion, then have the instructions say use both files from every expansion when that cannot be done.

Back to top Go down

Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED] Empty Re: Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 02:11

Maybe you should see the instruction video to fully understand the how to.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1889-how-to-apply-the-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-instruction-video

Back to top Go down

Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED] Empty Re: Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 02:39

[quote="tx3000"]this was copied and pasted directly from the CURRENT PDF

10. For The Sims 3 – Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations: open the "Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!) and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

this is correct !! an is for getting the base game updated to 1.38

Ok this instruction is not possible to do due to the files in the master update.
The instructions say to take both files from each of the following:
Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats &
Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff &
Generations

this is wrong cuzz it does not say "each of the following" it just say folder

why cuzz its just 1 folder for any of these Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations addons

The TSLHost.dll found in Diesel is not the same exact TSLHost.dll found in Katy Perry, each one has their own TSLHost.dll that does something specific for each expansion that file is found in.
Multiple files with the same name cannot exist inside the same directory,

yes but you notice the size diff the cracked is patched to work an the stock does not matter so much cuzz its just used to get the game updated an is replace with the update then again with the crack

ive used his method 100 times over an it works

------------------------------------

simple term is install base game an at least 1 of these addons

The Sims 3 – Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations:

update base game with the manual superpatcher upto 1.38 install the crack play the game

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 29 Sep 2012, 03:27

Okay, the person who wrote the directions is not a native English speaker, I assume, since he is Dutch (To people here, his name is Admin), he might be pretty fluent in English, but sometimes words do get mixed up, and you have to take in account of slight grammar issues/confusing language when dealing with reading sentences/anything written by people who are raised with a different native language then English.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 05:29

Actually xog420 it does say take both of the files from each of those expansion folders.

See:
open the "Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations"

That clearly says open up those 7 folders, then drag and drop both files from them into the same directory.

If you want me to make a simplified version of the installation instructions I will.

//EDIT

Auntie Bella wrote:Maybe you should see the instruction video to fully understand the how to.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1889-how-to-apply-the-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-instruction-video

Sorry
but the instructions and the video contradict each other. There are
files in the master update that are being placed into directories the
video shows that the instructions don't say the same directory.

Why
the frig can't anyone just put something simple and easy to follow. I
refuse to place any files from anywhere to anywhere or at any point
until all the instructions have been explained correctly with no
contradictions.

If someone wants to explain this correctly, I will clean up and fix the tutorial.

One thing i do not understand is why you need to continually copy and paste the TSLHost.dll in everything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 05:53

That clearly says open up those 7 folders, then drag and drop both files from them into the same directory.

If you want me to make a simplified version of the installation instructions I will.

oh i see what you say but its just 1 folder with a very long name

so it is 1 folder with the name

Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations

not 7 diff folders

hope this helped

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 29 Sep 2012, 06:10

Hi there.

Nobody is forcing you to use the updates/fixes provided here if they are too confusing for you. In any case, you should be thankful that someone even took the time to do these things.

I'm a native English speaker and I've had no problems whatsoever with following the guide. The phrasing might not be perfect but it is still pretty clear IMO.

Also, if you have been following this (which you should):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
You can see that there isn't even a need to use Step 10 of the Fix.

Furthermore, there is only one folder called "Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" which contains 2 files so I can't really comprehend your problem here..

Lastly, please use the edit post function and avoid posting multiple replies. Thanks!

Have a good day Smile

PS: Thank you for offering to help clean up and help fix the tutorial. I'm sure Admin will be glad since he's pretty busy now.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 06:46

To make thing a hundred times simpler, I suggest taking down the whole master update and replacing it with what I am going to do.

I will post the link to the mediafire upload in a little bit.

Mediafire won't let me updload it so I had to use Filefactory instead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:05

If you could read and really watch a video, you would see that it was just one folder and not seven as you understand it.
Which you would have found out, if you actually had downloaded the FIX and seen the folders in it.

Just to point it out for others than you, so they can see your mistake.

Massive contradiction in the Master update and it's instructions.[CLOSED] Baka

//EDIT

tx3000 wrote:this was copied and pasted directly from the CURRENT PDF

For The Sims 3 – Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet
Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town
Life Stuff & Generations: open the "Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry
Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets &
Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder in this .rar file and
drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S
GAME DIRECTORY!) and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears,
telling you the files already exist.

All that you could have read slowly, so there was a chance for you understanding it correctly.
And if you wachted the video, you would have seen it.

And here xog420 tries to explain it to you

xog420 wrote:
That clearly says open up those 7 folders, then
drag and drop both files from them into the same directory.

oh i see what you say but its just 1 folder with a very long name

so it is 1 folder with the name

Diesel
Stuff & Katy Perry Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite
Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations

not 7 diff folders

hope this helped

But I see what you want.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7372-i-did-an-overhaul-to-the-instruction-and-installation-of-the-sims-3

Some part of me can't stop thinking, that you want to take credit for another persons hard work!
That's making me slithly mad, so don't make me come over and force tea down your throth lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Sep 2012, 12:04

Indeed it does say "folder" not "folders".
There will be only one tslhost.dll and one ts3w.exe. If you have the original game, you won't have separate ones for each EP/SP either.
Anyway, I'm closing this topic. The same discussion has been going on in 3 topics and i daresay 1 discussion topic is quite enough.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top