Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help! Empty When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help!

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 23:26

So the title says it all!

When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Back to top Go down

When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help! Empty Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help!

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 23:46

Easily solved. Download: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_31 (scroll down to where it says "download d3dx9_31.dll fixer" and click).

Back to top Go down

When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help! Empty Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help!

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 15:50

Ok, i downloaded it and i clicked install DLL files. What do i do next? do i put it: d3dx9_31.dll?

EDIT: When i do put it d3dx9_31.dll and click search DLL files i still get the same error. Please Help, i really want to play Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sun 07 Oct 2012, 20:50

I just searched my computer for the file, and it's in C:\Windows\System32, move the .dll to there and try running The Sims 3 again, let us know if you get a error of having to replace the file, for the file already existing there.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 08 Oct 2012, 06:44

The one your working with. d3dx9_31.dll
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 16:53

But i dont have d3dx9_31.dll. Thats why im getting the error

Back to top Go down

When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer' Please Help! Empty Edited .dll name.

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 17:21

.dll stands for Dynamic-link library file(s). Essentially their purpose is to make games work correctly. To play, you need every .dll of which should have been included in your torrent. It seems you're missing one, however, which is why you are unable to play.

No problem.

You downloaded d3dx9_31.dll, so you now have it on your computer system. If the installation still isn't working, you'll need to move the .dll to the correct folder.

First: Click Start > Computer > search "d3dx9_31.dll" > when it comes up, copy but do not yet paste this .dll.

Then: write back here telling me/whoever which game it is you're installing. The Sims 3 base game or an expansion?

Last edited by zebraskeletal on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:23; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 17:41

I think u mean d3dx9_31.dll and not d3dx9_21 I did what u told me, it says no matches.

EDIT: I want to play pets, but whatever works i just want to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:21

I did, yes. Thank you for pointing my mistake out. Follow the steps above again.

Then: Press Start > Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Windows > System32 > paste the .dll > Install Pets. Basically, do as t2sink suggested earlier. Report back if you've any trouble. I've had the same happen before, so don't worry yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:24

Oh no! another problem! -_-

Its says unable to start the game service initialization failed!

Btw: I put the d3dx9_31.dll file inside the TS3W.exe folder and it worked. But that error came up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:30

We are two with this problem. Welcome in the club !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 00:02

Follow the aforementioned steps. Do not place the d3dx9_31.dll in the folder containing TS3W.exe. Just refer to earlier posts for help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Oct 2012, 20:02

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top