Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Package files vs Sims3packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Package files vs Sims3packs Empty Package files vs Sims3packs

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 01:24

Hi All.....

Which are better to use? sorry if this has been posted before. im a noob lol. the reason i ask is that i had a lot of bugs when using simpacks like stuck sims etc, but when i use package files load times are really long....

by the way i would love to add some friends, i dont have a reg game....dgirl1979

cheers all x

Back to top Go down

Package files vs Sims3packs Empty Re: Package files vs Sims3packs

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 22 Nov 2012, 09:43

Hello,

Stuck sims are caused by routing issues, should have nothing to with the way you install your content.
Long loading times however can be caused by having a lot of packages in the package folder. How many do you have?

There isn't really a "better" way to install content. It depends on a couple of factors. Personal preference is one of them. Some people prefer sims3packs for store content so they'll have the "store icon" in buy mode (the little shopping bag). Some prefer sims3packs because as packages, they really should be combined to prevent long loading times. Then again sims3packs don't always work right for everyone and an object that might not show up in game as a sims3pack, might work just fine as a package.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:21

Plus, packages are easier to uninstall from your game. I have over a thousand custom objects and having to search for them in your 'intalled content' list is a bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 15:30

thanks guys , yeah i have nearly all the store content in package form....which i converted to fom simspacks, maybe what i should of done is organised them a bit better so i could only install what i was using lol.

i agree bliss1991 thats why i went to packages in first place....

thanks guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 15:57

So it's possible/safe to convert store content Sims3Packs into .packages and then combine them? I've been wanting to do that since I have a couple gigs of Sims3packs, but I'd rather not break all my CC in the process. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 16:00

For some reason .package files never work within my game, it never comes up with the message saying it has been installed, this is why I pefer .sims3packs as I can see when its been installed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 17:50

I went back to sims3packs and i found my game ran smoother than with package files. I have never tried to convert from one to the other yet though..i also had problems with package files not showing up at first, then i found this at ModtheSims:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

explained it all nicely and was suggested by another awesome user. Im not sur but i think CCMagic may do converts to package files, but i have never tried it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top