Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC Magic ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC Magic ?  Empty CC Magic ?

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 06:09

I want to ask something,

I downloaded CC Magic recently to manage all the store contents. (I don't really know how to use CC Magic)
Do I need to use CC Magic like everytime I wanna download a content?

Help scratch

Back to top Go down

CC Magic ?  Empty Re: CC Magic ?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Nov 2012, 20:49

Hello,

If you download new content, just put it in the downloadsfolder, open CCmagic and choose "rebuild".
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 22:19

I strongly recommend you read the CC Magic User's Guide first before using it, as sometimes you'll think you have installed objects and they won't appear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 05:15

That happened once. But I fixed it. Thanks anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 06:35

Another problem :/

I organized the files into folders:

CC Magic ?  Ccmagi10

When I play the game, some of the contents were missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 06:42

Well keep in mind, CC Magic does not install World files. They also claim it can install Sims And Lots, but I have trouble with it. However, from what I see you only have objects there, which should install fine. Just rebuild and clear cache before doing it from the appropriate button.

So, clear cache, delete the CC Magic folder from My Documents completely, AFTER you take all your CC back to the downloads folder in My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads. Your CC can be found inside My Documents > Electronic Arts > CC Magic > Contents. Depending on if your CC was .Sims3Packs or .packages, you'll find them all there. So after you do, just put them to the Downloads and then delete the CC Magic folder.

After you put them back in the downloads folder, open CC Magic again and do a rebuild. It will recreate the appropriate folder and files.

Finally, keep in mind that CC Magic is said to have some problems with some Patterns, made with the EA Create-A-Pattern tool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 07:04

Thank you, worked like a charm.

So I can't organize them into folders again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 07:11

Of course you can and you should. It is just kind of a waste because when you want to install new items, you gotta go through the whole procedure again. And I have all my content under the main folder. I do not seperate them or anything, since I don't have that much.

The point is, I have content that I am using and won't delete, so no point in organizing it. If you have way too much contect, it would be kinda hard to find which ones to delete but still, it's better than using the launcher.

And by the way, you're welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 30 Nov 2012, 08:22

Mine works fine installing new objects, and keeping it all organized in folders. Instead of deleting everything, you could try using the "clear cache" button on the interface itself, and allowing it to clear the custom content cache along with the rest of them. This is nice to use before starting the game, anyways, since it clears all of your caches. However, if you do have a lot of objects, the rebuild before play can take a while. Mine took about 20 minutes at one point. I've cut back to where it only takes 3, at most though. I've never had any problem doing it this way. But yes, definitely use your launcher for sims, lots, and world files. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 08:28

I haven't organize it yet. Just afraid it will f up my game like just now. Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Nov 2012, 12:52

Hello,

You don't have to organize your content. It's entirely optional. I never bothered. There are no negative consequences for not organizing everything, it's just there for the people who want their stuff organized in categories.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:51

Yes, I know that. It's easier though. Cos only the newly added contents appear at the defaults tab. Nevermind, not gonna organize it. Too lazy for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:25

xMDNAx wrote:Yes, I know that. It's easier though. Cos only the newly added contents appear at the defaults tab. Nevermind, not gonna organize it. Too lazy for that.

Great minds think alike Razz Just be happy it's fully working and not causing lag, as .Sims3Packs do Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top