Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 seasons crashes. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 seasons crashes. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 seasons crashes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 07:59

I bought the seasons expansion about a week ago and couldn't play it because of the crashing every few minutes. I took it off and reinstalled a number of times, including removing some of the expansions but with no success. So i delved into the posts about this problem on here and saw some solutions which seemed to work for some but not others. I tried putting all my expansion installers into the DEP but it didn't do any good. Finally I saw a post regarding graphics and followed what they said and now my game works a dream and I was able to install my expansions without a hitch and still have some mods on board. The post in question concerned going into your graphics section once the game is started and lowering all your graphics. I did all of them except two which was the sims detail and the shadowing one which I forget its right name. It doesn't make that much difference and in fact, it has stopped any lagging. Anyway, I am pleased that at least I can play the game until such time a fix is found for it. Thanks to whoever suggested that one as I cannot find your post......cheers and happy new year!.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 seasons crashes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 seasons crashes. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 30 Dec 2012, 09:00

Hello,

Good to hear you found what works for you. It's too bad that you had to lower the graphics though. I'm still rooting for a patch but so far, no luck. Lets hope these Seasons-specific crashes are taken care of when the next pack is out.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 seasons crashes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 seasons crashes

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 08:29

Yes, I agree it is a pity to have to lower the graphics but at least now I can play until the fix comes along. I waited long enough for this expansion and I think there are many many disappointed people who spent a lot of money on the pack, including me. Cheers and Happy New Year!!! Ready to close off now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:10

You guys may have just solved my exact same problem!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:35

Hello there,

Glad to hear it's solved now!
Enjoy the game and let us know if you need more assistance! Sims 3 seasons crashes. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male