Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release) Empty [TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release)

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 20:50

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I've been working on a save game manager, that does a bit more than just backs up games. Here's a list of the features:

Please do not post this application anywhere without my permission. I like to ensure that others are getting the latest version and can not do this without knowing where it's at.

- Compresses save games using 7z's LZMA algorithm without needing to download or install 7z.
- Cleans SNAP record. You can optionally set it to automatically clean SNAPs when backing up, or manually by clicking a button.
- Cleans out the .bad saves. Optionally does this automatically at program start, or manually by a click of a button.
- Optionally removes .backup save games when the main save is backed up by this program.
- Purges the cache either automatically, or by a click of a button.
- Shows installed expansions with version numbers, just like the EA Launcher.
- "Play" button can be set to run the game or the launcher using your left mouse button, and the right mouse button will run the other.
- Shows image of family so you can quickly get to the save you want to back up.
- By cilcking a button you can extract all images (png and dds) that are stored in a save game, so that picture of your kid can become your desktop wallpaper if you want. [NOTE: DDS images are not natively supported by Windows, you'll need to use 3rd party software to view or edit them.]

Main Screen (Click the white box)
Spoiler:

Utilities Screen
Spoiler:

Options Screen
Spoiler:

System Requirements:
- XP users may need to download .Net 2.0, otherwise the requirements are much lower than what the game needs.

Reporting a problem:
If, for some reason, this application crashes on you please provide the following information:
- Version of windows, including the architecture (ie: Win 7 x64, Win 8 x32, etc)
- Installed .Net frameworks (or at least ensuring that you have 2.0) [Only WinXP users]
- What the error message is.
- What you were doing when it happens.
- Does it happen every time you do this action, or just sometimes?
- Any other information you feel may be useful.

Current Version: 1.0

Changelog:
- 1.0, initial release

Note for Symantec ("Norton") Antivirus Users:
You may need to disable your antivirus to run this. Symantec considers any brand new piece of software as "suspicious" until enough of their users have run it without issues (which means, removing it from quarantine and putting an exception on it so it will run).

Download link

As always, let me know of any suggestions you may have.

Mod edit: link fixed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

[TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release) Empty Re: [TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release)

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 22:30

Are you looking for testers? Anyone tried this successfully (obviously other than yourself, hex)....?

Back to top Go down

[TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release) Empty Re: [TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release)

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 16:44

Actually yes, I had an email (not private message) from someone yesterday who had found a bug that is a non-issue (it has to do with the versions showing up when you mouse over the icons) but other than that this person said it was working fine for them. Other than this person, I wouldn't know - I'm against the whole "phone home" thing that many people put in their software to see how many people use it, even without a firewall none of my apps here will use the internet, ever - which would be required to "phone home". When I do my testing, I try it on two different machines (this machine is my personal machine, but I've got two more computers within arms reach, one runs Slackware linux and the other mutli-boots Win7 (x32 and x64) and Win8 (x32 and x64) - I test it on all of the Windows variants for initial releases, however I can't test every possible combination of software installs). If you'd like to test it though, go for it. I could always use the feedback. If you're tech savvy then that's even better.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:28

Hello,

I'm going to use this once I actually start playing. I'm in the process of creating a world now and I haven't played live mode, apart from a test game I had running for about an hour to see if the BSoD would appear (it did not, and has not Very Happy).
Of course I'd be happy to give feedback.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 03:47

I really like this idea! Sims 1 had all kinds of neat little tools like this - and I used a lot of them. I was big on making my own custom content with Sims 1 and a little bit with Sims 2. I wouldn't even dare to try it now.....so much of the tech used to do these things has gotten past me.
I'm going to give this a try though - I experienced that 'error 12' thing for the first time last night. UNPLEASANT!!!
Thanks for offering this up to let us try out. I'll be very happy to give you any feedback - positive, negative (but constructive! Very Happy) or in between. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 23:41

IS there a new link to download it since the http://goo.gl/MY2sc does not work anymore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 17:11

Yep, but first, a disclaimer:

- I am not currently able to test this to ensure it works as I do not have any of the Sims games installed any longer. I also just reinstalled Windows (I'm actually in the middle of doing the Windows Updates right this minute).
- It was developed with the latest expansion being 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff and I can not promise it will work properly with further expansions - it SHOULD be fine, but I make no promises. Back up your save games and test it and let others know Smile

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/5928a1f6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 18:31

Awesome I will check this out now.

FYI folks when U click to download the file at the next window UNCHECK that U want to download the download manager otherwise U will download a file that wants to get in your computer to "help" u with your downloads,. When U uncheck it then click download and it goes direct to the files U R supposed to download

//EDIT

[img][TS3] Save Game Manager [[BETA]] (New Year Release) ZJ1KzzOl[/img]

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at _TS3__Save_Game_Manager.Form1.PopSaves()
at _TS3__Save_Game_Manager.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
[TS3] Save Game Manager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/[TS3] Save Game Manager/[TS3] Save Game Manager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SevenZipSharp
Assembly Version: 0.64.3890.29348
Win32 Version: 0.64.3890.29348
CodeBase: file:///C:/[TS3] Save Game Manager/SevenZipSharp.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

THEN I hit quit and the program started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 20:16

What were you trying to do when this error occurred? There's some conflicting information between the screenshot and the details below the screenshot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top