Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with installing Monte Vista [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with installing Monte Vista [CLOSED] Empty Issues with installing Monte Vista [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 16:15

It downloads fine, but it's listed as an object, not a world. When I go in game, it's not available in my list of available neighborhoods; so I'm at a loss on what to do. I've uninstalled/deleted/re-installed twice, but that doesn't fix it.

Back to top Go down

Issues with installing Monte Vista [CLOSED] Empty Re: Issues with installing Monte Vista [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:44

Hello,

Where exactly did you download the world from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Issues with installing Monte Vista [CLOSED] Empty Re: Issues with installing Monte Vista [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:59

I downloaded it from the Games4theWorld mediafire page, and to make it absolutely certain I was using the official page, I followed the link from games4theworld.org to the page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:59

I'm having the same problem too Crying or Very sad , please fix the file : Help

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 13 Jan 2013, 02:47

Did you go through your entire list of installed content? My launcher shows all of my installed worlds as both an object, and a world. Also, a lot of people have used this world with no problems, so it's likely not a problem with the download, though it is possible.

Are you using any other mods or cc, or anything else that may be of note?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 04:13

Just back up all your .Sims3Packs and completely uninstall them from the launcher. Then, put all your .Sims3Pack back in the downloads folder and this time add Monte Vista too.

Open the launcher, navigate to downloads, then mark everything and click install.

It should work now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 02:57

Thank you. Having the same problem with other worlds... get lunar lakes to work, barnacle bay breaks, get barnacle bay to work, another one breaks, and so on... going to try this method and see if it makes them all play nice. Wish me luck!

(later)... no such luck. All my downloaded towns are now on strike. Seemingly random results each try from the town does not show up on the new game list to it shows up but crashes during loading. All my currently loaded content either came from here or NRaas. Both locations I implicitly trust. I've stripped my content bare of everything else I could find. I'm at my wits end. Any ideas? Please? Help? Thanks in advance. (moving this to a new thread)

Last edited by Moondragon77 on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 04:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Seems to need a new thread)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:11

Hello,

Please keep all your problems regarding the same game in one topic. That makes it easier for us to track progress, thank you!

Continue here, please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9686-all-downloaded-worlds-stopped-working
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top