Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home. Empty Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:29

I have tried the DEP excptions, removing the file from the documents and putting it into the sims 3 file under program files, fixing my 3D settings, setting the game resolution to low and to run on windows XP mode, plus im sure one or two more things im forgetting. I have windows 8(maybe thats the issue) I dont think there is an overheating problem because the botton of my laptop doesnt get very hot from running it. I checked compatibility and all my systems should be able to run the game. I am now currently re-installing the game plus 2 expansions. I honestly dont know what to do anymore. Please help!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home. Empty Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:39

sortalikearockstar wrote:I have tried the DEP excptions, removing the file from the documents and putting it into the sims 3 file under program files, fixing my 3D settings, setting the game resolution to low and to run on windows XP mode, plus im sure one or two more things im forgetting. I have windows 8(maybe thats the issue) I dont think there is an overheating problem because the botton of my laptop doesnt get very hot from running it. I checked compatibility and all my systems should be able to run the game. I am now currently re-installing the game plus 2 expansions. I honestly dont know what to do anymore. Please help!

Hello,

Try to re-apply the "manual patch" from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

Afterwards, (re-) apply the "Ultimate fix": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It's enough when you only use the two files that are in the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix; copy the two files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home. Empty Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:41

I'm re-downloading everything now using the patch and the fix, hopefully it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:46

sortalikearockstar wrote:I'm re-downloading everything now using the patch and the fix, hopefully it works!

OK, let me know the result then. But of course, when you copy the two crack files from the Ultimate fix to the location I posted (= that's the base game location), then you should "replace the existing files" Wink 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 07:06

I got past the loading screen but right as I moved in it crashed. Because I just re-downloaded everything should I try doing the DEP exceptions again?

//EDIT

I changed the sims 3 documents file name and it was fine, but now i started sims today and it crashed again. Should i re-apply the patch and crack? I would also like to keep my saved game because i worked hard on it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top