Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't move into home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't move into home  Empty Can't move into home

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 01:31

First off, I am VERY sorry if this has been covered. I really did try to search, but I apologize if I over looked the solution or the proper phrasing to get my answer found. The problem is, I will start a game, go to move into a house, then I click the checkmark like usual, only nothing happens. it turns grey and i can't do it. Its not frozen but i can't start the game. I found a work around involving edit town where i can just put the family i want in a house and make it my new active house hold. However, this issue prevents me from playing the university town at all sence you have to move in right away and also prevents my sims from switching towns with out using the work around. I hope I have explained this accurately. I have all expansion and stuff packs and yes, I have done the steps listed for proper installation, numerous times, yet this one problem still persists. I appreciate any help you can give. thank you Smile  P.S. I also apologize if this may be in the wrong place. This is my first time using a forum, so , I'm trying to get it right as best I can.
Smile :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Can't move into home  Empty Re: Can't move into home

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:08

I'm having a similar problem. I can be playing in a household and when I try to move them into another home, it just stays on the loading screen. I haven't tried moving a Sim into the university town yet since the newest update. Guess I should try that tonight and post if I have the same problem as you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:14

well, I can tell you the update didn't fix mine, but, maybe you'll have better luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:35

Oh no no. I'm saying since the update (the one before the 1.63 that just came out) I haven't been able to move households.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:38

yeah i been havin mine for a while, too. I wanted to be sure i tried everything i could before posting in a forum. Usually i can figure something out, but, this one has me stumped. I'm hoping i dont end up having to reinstall everything. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:40

Do you have any Custom Content/Mods installed?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:45

i have a skin mod and a mod for no mosiac (however you describe the pixelated nudity thing) but i updated it for the .57 patch. I tried removing my mod folder, just in case, and it didn't help. Aside from that no CC or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:48

neontigersim wrote:i have a skin mod and a mod for no mosiac (however you describe the pixelated nudity thing) but i updated it for the .57 patch. I tried removing my mod folder, just in case, and it didn't help. Aside from that no CC or anything.
I think you should rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Create a new save in-game and see if this helps.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:52

rename "The Sims 3" folder? Just making sure I understand correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 18 Oct 2013, 02:57

neontigersim wrote:rename "The Sims 3" folder? Just making sure I understand correctly.
Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts (NOT the one in Program Files nor the base game installation directory, but the one where you place the mods). There should be a folder called The Sims 3. Rename it if possible. Also check to see if you have downloaded the correct version of No-Mosiac mod (which should be 1.57 in your case). Check also to see if the skin mod is compatible with the base game version.

Last edited by cat2006house on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 03:03; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 03:02

ok. I know for sure I have the correct version of no mosiac cause i just did that yesterday. I'll double check the skin one and rename the folder and create a new save game and see if that helps and post back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 03:19

the folder trick did work! also my skin mod is compatible. so does this mean my issue is one of the files in the original folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 18 Oct 2013, 04:04

neontigersim wrote:the folder trick did work! also my skin mod is compatible. so does this mean my issue is one of the files in the original folder?
Okay if both of your mods are compatible, the problem lies on some files inside that folder (such as corrupted caches and files). If you want to keep your saves, simply go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\(renamed folder)\Saves and move the folders inside to the new generated folder. However, due to the glitch that you have mentioned, these saves may not work functionally.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 09:27

ok i see. id rather keep them but, if i find out they're unusable i'll just start from scratch. so long as my game is functional i can always rebuild. So, if i want to keep the neighborhoods/worlds i downloaded,  should I import them from the installed worlds folder, or should i redownload them all? Also could i do the same with my saved sims (from the sim bin), or should i just start all over? BTW thank you for your help so far. I really appreciate your time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 18 Oct 2013, 12:09

If you have any worlds installed that have been removed, you can move the content of the folder "DCCache" in the renamed folder to the new folder. You should also move the content of the folder "InstalledWorlds" from the renamed folder to the new folder.

However, due to the fact that your previous folder is glitched, I suggest you reinstall them again. That will be a safer measure.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 23:26

ok cool. I whent ahead and just reinstalled them along with the store updates. The only thing I moved from the old folder was my saved sims. I figured Id give it a shot and see. Thanks again so very much for your help. I was SO frustrated with this! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 19 Oct 2013, 14:11

Hello,

Is everything working properly now?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 23:35

hi! Yes, I just gave the game the "official" run through now that I've put all my worlds and sims and saves back in it. Everything work perfectly, even my old saves! Thank you again for your help. You can go ahead and close this thread or mark it as solved or whatever it is you guys do here. You guys are awesome! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top