Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding and Installing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding and Installing Empty Finding and Installing

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 18:01

Hello, I am after the full Games4theworld Sims 3 Download and preferably some way to upgrade/downgrade to patch 38 to 47 as they are the ones compatible with certain mods. The problem is however I haven't been able to correctly find and install it (don't laugh).

I tried the PirateBay Download, but due to living in the UK the site is blocked as standard. When I finally found a way onto the page, the download installed Vuse instead of UTorrent which is what im used to, and didn't initiate a Torrent Download, instead requesting to restart the computer to finish updates. I haven't been able to find another download yet.

Back to top Go down

Finding and Installing Empty Re: Finding and Installing

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Oct 2013, 01:44

MOV_Games wrote:Hello, I am after the full Games4theworld Sims 3 Download and preferably some way to upgrade/downgrade to patch 38 to 47 as they are the ones compatible with certain mods. The problem is however I haven't been able to correctly find and install it (don't laugh).

I tried the PirateBay Download, but due to living in the UK the site is blocked as standard. When I finally found a way onto the page, the download installed Vuse instead of UTorrent which is what im used to, and didn't initiate a Torrent Download, instead requesting to restart the computer to finish updates. I haven't been able to find another download yet.
Hello,

As for the blocked Piratebay site, try this here: http://pirateproxy.net/

Look for "Games4TheWorld"'s downloads. Currently, there is no "full" Sims 3 collection available, but from what I've heard the Admin is planning to release one. In the meantime, you might want to download all the stuff separately ?

Besides, the latest patch, which I recommend using, is the 1.63 patch. I couldn't tell you either where to find older patches, besides downloading earlier Sims 3 expansions from "G4TW" (they have a manual patch included, that was released at "their" time).

Why do you want to use an older patch ? Aren't there newer versions of your mods ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Oct 2013, 01:51

Hello there,

I hear that proxy might not work in the UK.
If it doesn't, this one should: www.proxy.games4theworlddownloads.org .

Have fun!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Nov 2013, 22:36

Whoops, im a bit late. Right, although those links allow me to access the page needed, trying to download the Torrent didn't work as "Torn TV stopped working" popped up every time. I deleted it as I thought that might be the problem, and now im getting this weird message: Finding and Installing EFRMGG9
Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:46

Hello,

I'm a little confused as to which torrent client you're using at the moment, but you could always uninstall that client and install Utorrent instead? And use magnet links.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 14:17

Got it correctly installed and running, though I've noticed it's the 1.00 original version. What is the best way to upgrade to at least 1.32? Manual patches? EA Download Manager, or does that go straight to the newest one?

EDIT: Ah, I've installed an expansion pack and got it to 1.34, my problem now is installing the mods, I've done the framework way by adding the Mods folder, but the test Mods that remove the intro haven't worked.

Last edited by MOV_Games on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 17:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Nov 2013, 17:27

MOV_Games wrote:Got it correctly installed and running, though I've noticed it's the 1.00 original version. What is the best way to upgrade to at least 1.32? Manual patches? EA Download Manager, or does that go straight to the newest one?
You can "go" straight to the latest patch (step #2 in the following instructions, but follow the other steps too !):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 16 Nov 2013, 10:13

Hello,

Which mods are you trying to use anyway? The popular mods are always updated to the latest version, and some of the ones that aren't will work fine on newer patches, or there alternatives available.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)