Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster. Empty Re: Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster.

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 11:59

Is there any file in the My document EA able to delete to make game performance better ?
Example DcCache ? or backup ?

Back to top Go down

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster. Empty Re: Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster.

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 14:08

zzshin wrote:Is there any file in the My document EA able to delete to make game performance better ?
Example DcCache ? or backup ?

Create-a-Sim CacheCasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cachecompositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cachescriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cachesimCompositorCache.package
Simport-related (maybe?) and other social data, if you use the wall to integrate with your MyPage on thesims3.com sitesocialCache.package
files inside the folder "Thumbnails"*.package
pictures inside the folder "FeaturedItems"thumb_*.png
files inside DCCache (not all)missingdeps.idx & dcc.ent
files that end with .bin inside the folder "Downloads" and "SigsCache"*.bin
A file that is created once you download a Sim/Pet (inside the folder "SavedSims")Downloadedsims.index
All of the files inside the folder "WorldCaches" and "IGACache" and all of the files in the folder "DCBackup" except ccmerged.package/

Last edited by cat2006house on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 01:11; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 20 Oct 2013, 14:44

Hello there,

But those caches will be recreated after you restart the game, right?
Someone was working on a script/program that'd clear all the caches automatically or with a 1-click button, but I can't remember who it was. I think it's somewhere in the Exchange "Miscellaneous" section.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 15:16

Admin wrote:Hello there,

But those caches will be recreated after you restart the game, right?
Someone was working on a script/program that'd clear all the caches automatically or with a 1-click button, but I can't remember who it was. I think it's somewhere in the Exchange "Miscellaneous" section.
Yes the caches will be recreated. but these caches should be cleared regularly for safety measures. They get corrupted too easily.
BTW, CC Magic can help you clear caches.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 15:40

It seems like that, if not mistaken i delete whole sims document file and it created itself after launh the game... IF NOT MISTAKEN ...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 15:48

zzshin wrote:It seems like that, if not mistaken i delete whole sims document file and it created itself after launh the game... IF NOT MISTAKEN ...
Yes it will. But you will lose all your custom content, mods, created sims and saves if you delete the whole documents. But of course there are ways to recover them. Feel free to ask if you want.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 15:51

Yep~ I would like to ask ^_^ perhaps can be use in future ~

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 16:01

zzshin wrote:Yep~ I would like to ask ^_^ perhaps can be use in future ~
Remember to rename the folder Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 in Documents instead of deleting the whole folder!
To recover all your custom content that is in the form of sims3packs, simply go to the folder "DCCache" of the renamed folder and move the files that are ended .ebc and .dbc to the folder "DCCache" of the new one.

If you have installed neighbourhoods, go to the folder "InstalledWorlds" of the renamed folder and do the same.

If you have installed packages/Mods, simply move the folder "Mods" to the new folder.

For Saves, move the folder "Saves" to the new folder.

For Custom Music (if you have placed some MP3 files inside for you to listen to in the game. Well I have tried this before, and I enjoy listening to Taylor Swift's songs while playing The Sims 3 Hammertime ): Move the folder "Custom Music" to the new folder.

Do the same for the folder "Library". That way, you can use the sims that you have created before for new saves.

Do the same for the folder "SavedOutfit", if you have any saved outfits.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 16:20

Thanks! Enjoy listening if this was a movie Smile

Is it The dcbackup useless ? 
i try to move out all the dccache ,world cache and the dcbackup, and launch the game , it come out with some object can't be show and has be replace?

Back to top Go down

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster. Empty Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster.

Post by J.T. Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:44

zzshin wrote:Thanks! Enjoy listening if this was a movie Smile

Is it The dcbackup useless ? 
i try to move out all the dccache ,world cache and the dcbackup, and launch the game , it come out with some object can't be show and has be replace?
You don't have to move the stuff in DCBackup and WorldCache. You only need to move the folder "InstalledWorlds" and replace the new one.

If that doesn't work, reinstalling the sims3packs is a better idea.

Moderator edit: Topics split.

- Carlos
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top