Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with package files not showing up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with package files not showing up Empty Issues with package files not showing up

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 16:34

I am having issues with some of my custom content not showing up in game.
I bought a new computer and wanted to install sims3 on this one and bought the Sims3 Starter pack via gamestop download.
From there I created the mods folder with the framework set up and so on. Since this is a fresh install I wanted to be smart with my custom content
and have everything in order :-)
So I downloaded the custom content I wanted (hair, clothes, furniture) . Some of them where in Sims 3 Pack form so I converted them into package files and merged the package files per creator all nice and organized.
 Some of them even included the collection files as well. 

Then I downloaded and installed all the expansions from GFTW. I didn't install any of the store content just yet.
 My game is running flawless with one exception. Some of the custom content isn't showing up in build/buy
The collection files provided doesn't have anything in them. One has just one item listed in the collection.
Also say I downloaded a living room set, The couch is shown in Buy mode but not the chair and love seat....

This is what I've tried so far:
I went into the Sims 3 folder via my documents and deleted the CAS part package as well as the other files that are always suggested. Then loaded up my game and still some of the C.C isn't showing up. I reinstalled the framework set up file just to make sure that was up to date.

Any ideas? Or do I have to reinstall all my package files over again?

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Issues with package files not showing up Empty Re: Issues with package files not showing up

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 16:39

Your package files should all be in Documents\EA\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, right?
If so, try and delete the ScriptCache.package file from Documents\EA\The Sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Issues with package files not showing up Empty Re: Issues with package files not showing up

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 16:41

Yep that is where it is and I did delete the ScripCache.package 
Strange that a couch would show up and not the rest of the set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 16:42

Yes.
Did you try to apply the Store Fixes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 16:44

Shamrock wrote:Yes.
Did you try to apply the Store Fixes?
I didn't install any store content but I will try the fix right now and post results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 16:46

Please do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 17:02

Shamrock wrote:Please do.
Ok I have applied and still the same issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 17:06

Well then, it means your CC is not compatible with the game.
Where did you get it from?
Are you sure it is up to date?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 17:07

I got it from the Sims Resource. So, If that is the case I guess I will reinstall all of it. I didn't do too much of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 17:10

Please do.
And make sure it is compatible with the latest version of your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 17:12

Thanks for your help. I will just reinstall the c.c

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 17:13

Please tell us the result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 18:06

I will

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top