Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

only latest installed expansion works??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

only latest installed expansion works?? Empty only latest installed expansion works??

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 00:25

hi , despite all the icons being lit at the bottom of the launcher screen, the "Installed content" is blank.  So only Supernatural works as its the last expansion I installed.  Any ideas guys.  Thanks

Back to top Go down

only latest installed expansion works?? Empty Re: only latest installed expansion works??

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Jul 2014, 23:20

djbluemoney wrote:hi , despite all the icons being lit at the bottom of the launcher screen, the "Installed content" is blank.  So only Supernatural works as its the last expansion I installed.  Any ideas guys.  Thanks

Hello,

If you say your expansion logos at the bottom of the launcher are ALL "lit", then it means they are all installed. The "Installed Content"-tab you were talking about is only meant for DLC items in the .sims3pack file format (called "The Sims 3 store items").

Do you need any assistance on these .sims3pack files, or did thisd answer your question ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

only latest installed expansion works?? Empty Re: only latest installed expansion works??

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014, 09:41

Hi, id just like to know how to start an installed item i.e katy perry....as all I can get is supernatural when I click play > icon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Jul 2014, 23:14

djbluemoney wrote:Hi, id just like to know how to start an installed item i.e katy perry....as all I can get is supernatural when I click play > icon

You will always get the opening screen of the expansion that was most recently released. So just because "Supernatural" shows up on your start screen it doesn't mean the other expansions have disappeared. Smile

As for Katy Perry's Stuff, download it here, if you haven't done so yet:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Click on the magnet symbol, and the downlaod should start automatically in your torrent client. After the download is finished, open the .RAR file of the download with the program WinRAR (which you can get on that site, too). Then make an empty folder somewhere. Extract ALL contents of the .RAR, into that folder you made. Again, ALL contents of the .RAR. After that, start the installation from within the folder, by using the "autorun.exe".

After the installation is done, repeat the steps from #2 to #4 here, and you should be fine:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014, 23:54

Many thanks for this..thats great.and I have installed Katy Perry..so I take it even though it looks like I run Supernatural ...Katy Perry is then an option to switch to?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Jul 2014, 00:03

djbluemoney wrote:Many thanks for this..thats great.and I have installed Katy Perry..so I take it even though it looks like I run Supernatural ...Katy Perry is then an option to switch to?

Basically, if you (properly) add expansions/stuffpacks, then there will be "content" added to your game. 

This new/additional content can be things like new neighborhoods, new clothing/CAS items, new hairstyles, buy/build-mode objects, and so on. You do not "switch" between expansions in Sims 3. Smile  Instead, just look in CAS/Buy-mode/Build-mode for the new items, and use them as you like...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top