Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED] Empty Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 04:44

I've tried starting the game, restarting the game, completely reinstalling the game after removing it, and everything in the first part of the "Mods" instructions post. Please either send me the register.cfg file or tell me what is going on. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Mar 2015, 05:09

elitelol22 wrote:I've tried starting the game, restarting the game, completely reinstalling the game after removing it, and everything in the first part of the "Mods" instructions post. Please either send me the register.cfg file or tell me what is going on. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I suppose you are talking about this guide here ? If so, I will make it more clear in a few minutes, since - seemingly - many people have difficulties finding the location of this folder. 

Look at this screenshot for now:

Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED] Screen16

Look at the green rectangle in the top left of the screenshot. Look closely. It says Computer\C:\Users\Carlos\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods.

Of course, replace "Carlos" with the username on your computer. But that is it, basically. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods folder doesn't exist. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 05:18

Did not realize it was in the Documents folder and not the install folder (Programs x86). Didn't even realize the installer put anything there. I'm not sure how the regular non cracked version does this, but doesn't it make more sense to put that in the download folder? Nevertheless, thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Mar 2015, 05:23

elitelol22 wrote:Did not realize it was in the Documents folder and not the install folder (Programs x86). Didn't even realize the installer put anything there. I'm not sure how the regular non cracked version does this, but doesn't it make more sense to put that in the download folder? Nevertheless, thank you very much.

I had both the legit game of The Sims 4, and then also the cracked one from Games4TheWorld. In both cases, the location of that folder "The Sims 4" (and its sub-folders) is the same. 

Whether or not it makes more sense to put that folder elsewhere depends on what the individual user is "used to" (from other games/software), I guess. Smile  But good to hear that you found it !

Since the problem seems solved, I will close it now. If you have any other questions, feel free to open a new thread anytime. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top