Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free New World Newcrest.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free New World Newcrest. Empty Free New World Newcrest.

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 18:51

Will we be getting the new world, Newcrest, as a patch? 
http://www.thesims.com/news/world-of-newcrest

Last edited by kev1wil on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 08:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Free New World Newcrest. Empty Re: Free New World Newcrest.

Post by coolcandy3001 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 19:13

If it's posted on the official site, I doubt it's a "will there" unless they suddenly drop the plans. Although, I bet you only like 4 of those lots is playable and most of it is just decor Razz

WAIT IT'S FREE?!?!
Wow, EA listened to us wanting bigger homes and more space!
Neighborhood #1:
• 50x40
• 40x30
• 40x30
• 30x30
• 30x20
Neighborhood #2:
• 30x20
• 30x20
• 40x30
• 20x15
• 20x15
Neighborhood #3:
• 30x20
• 30x20
• 30x20
• 40x30
• 40x20
Moving day is June 11, so start building awesome new houses (or find some cool ones on The Gallery). We can’t wait to see what you create in Newcrest!

This is too awesome! Actually excited <3
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 02:02

A new world! And it's *gasp* free!!! I'm just oh so excited (notice the sarcasm). Ok, so maybe it would be exciting to actually put more custom content into my game, like the schools for the Go to School mod. But I'm still not THAT excited.  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 08:51

Im Super Excited For This World,Cause I Can Finally Build Stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 21:05

coolcandy3001 wrote:WAIT IT'S FREE?!?!
Wow, EA listened to us (...)

Free New World Newcrest. 172

Back to top Go down

Free New World Newcrest. Empty Sounds good

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 01:11

Sounds good but am longing for Toddlers ,Cars, and Seasons maybe then I'' be really exicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 17:01

elsab wrote:Sounds good but am longing for Toddlers ,Cars, and Seasons maybe then I'' be really exicted

Cars and Seasons would be really appreciated. THEN we'll know EA actually listens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 17:27

kitty10136 wrote:
elsab wrote:Sounds good but am longing for Toddlers ,Cars, and Seasons maybe then I'' be really exicted

Cars and Seasons would be really appreciated. THEN we'll know EA actually listens.

I'll know EA actually listens when they make a quality game and a proper SEQUEL from the start. Not bribe the gullible consumer base with "free" features that were stripped from the original release and give the rest of us the finger.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 07 Jun 2015, 17:43

Anarchy wrote:
coolcandy3001 wrote:WAIT IT'S FREE?!?!
Wow, EA listened to us (...)

Free New World Newcrest. 172

Anarchy wrote:
kitty10136 wrote:

I'll know EA actually listens when they make a quality game and a proper SEQUEL from the start. Not bribe the gullible consumer base with "free" features that were stripped from the original release and give the rest of us the finger.

1. No, it shows they listened to things considering what we're getting free. People asked for pools? They got their pools.
People asked for higher houses & basements? Oh wait, they got those too.
People ask for more lots to build in? They got 15 new ones.

2. Does it really matter if it was stripped from the game at release if they're giving it back for free? I don't see anyone else complaining. Maybe if "Expansion Pack: Pools and Basements" came out, I would see your problem? But it's not exactly.

3. "Proper SEQUEL" .... what? It's a simulation game, with no plot - how does one get a "proper SEQUEL" ?? The whole aim of it is to do w/e you want. Guess what you do can do in TS4? Exactly the same!

4. Seasons wasn't even free? "EA Will Listen if they give us Seasons!" Yeah well don't expect to be free if it never has been.

5. "Gullible consumers" Oh because being satisfied EA are doing anything at all mean that people are gullible? .... I'm done, I'm just. Okay.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 02:01

coolcandy3001 wrote:1. No, it shows they listened to things considering what we're getting free. People asked for pools? They got their pools.
People asked for higher houses & basements? Oh wait, they got those too.
People ask for more lots to build in? They got 15 new ones.

2. Does it really matter if it was stripped from the game at release if they're giving it back for free? I don't see anyone else complaining. Maybe if "Expansion Pack: Pools and Basements" came out, I would see your problem? But it's not exactly.

3. "Proper SEQUEL" .... what? It's a simulation game, with no plot - how does one get a "proper SEQUEL" ?? The whole aim of it is to do w/e you want. Guess what you do can do in TS4? Exactly the same!

4. Seasons wasn't even free? "EA Will Listen if they give us Seasons!" Yeah well don't expect to be free if it never has been.

5. "Gullible consumers" Oh because being satisfied EA are doing anything at all mean that people are gullible? .... I'm done, I'm just. Okay.

1. It shows how gullible the consumer base is to think that EA listens to them. We also asked for open-world, CASt and large neighborhoods. Where are those? If EA actually gave a damn, those things would've been higher on the priority scale than freaking pools. The modders could've brought back pools, that feature became just a vanity the moment sims turned capable of climbing out of them without requiring ladders.

2. Yeah it does, considering all we're getting back is junk. Every major feature that The Sims 2 and 3 brought to the series, as well as a few from The Sims, are still missing and they won't return because people keep buying this garbage. Thus not giving EA any incentive to bring them back.

3. Gee, I don't know. Maybe something that innovates over it's predecessor? Scratch that, something that's in any way a step forward over it's predecessor? Actually, scratch that too. Something that is essentially the same thing but with slightly more stuff?! Too much to ask apparently, how foolish of me.

They could at least be honest and call it The Sims 0.

4. Not now as an update, hell no, but as a feature included in the base game, it was perfectly reasonable to expect that prior to the game's release, that and Pets. To be honest I expected them to be part of The Sims 3 base game, but that game got away with it because it actually brought a lot of innovations to the series.

5. No, it means they are stupid. But I was trying to be nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Jun 2015, 20:37

Alright kids, let's all try and calm down again. Smile  

EA doesn't listen to anybody, unless that person is an influential celebrity or (maybe) a shareholder. On the other hand, I do find it good that EA at least add a little bit of stuff to the game, via game updates, though of course the amount of that content is minimal and...it also creates an uncomfortable impression somehow (what if people hadn't "complained" ? Would those few features still have been added to the base game ? Probably not).

Whether people are gullible/stupid I can't tell, nor do I care, nor is this important at all (if I really want to think about a messed-up world, then I think about all the kids in the third world who die every day due to hunger, illness and violence). 

If people find that game cool, let them buy it. If they really like it in the end, then OK. If not, they will have "learned it the hard way". 60 Euros/USD shouldn't be underestimated, in this sense (note: that's for the base game of TS4 alone).

Also, another aspect, which I think I mentioned somewhere else here already, is that liking a game or not will often depend on what you have already seen in the past. So a simmer who played past Sims titles may find Sims 4 less exciting. Not sure how many people playing Sims 4 have also played the past titles, but that should also be taken into account.

About the actual world, sorry, I'm absolutely not excited at all. And after reading the topic title and thinking about the issue more closely, it reminded of a few ideas from Aldous Huxley's novel "Brave New World". 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  

//EDIT

And in the meantime, I'm going to play more TS3. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 21:35

Carlos wrote:Also, another aspect, which I think I mentioned somewhere else here already, is that liking a game or not will often depend on what you have already seen in the past. So a simmer who played past Sims titles may find Sims 4 less exciting. Not sure how many people playing Sims 4 have also played the past titles, but that should also be taken into account.

Ehem. It's one thing for a game to be different from it's predecessor, or to innovate at the cost of content (quality over quantity), or even to just be slightly lacking. And it's another to be a step backwards from ALL of it's predecessors in almost every way, quality or quantity wise.

Carlos wrote:If people find that game cool, let them buy it. If they really like it in the end, then OK. If not, they will have "learned it the hard way". 60 Euros/USD shouldn't be underestimated, in this sense (note: that's for the base game of TS4 alone).

Fair is fair, but the problem is they never learn. They keep buying crappy game after crappy game. Even worse many of them are in denial.

Heck even if they do actually like this garbage, what about the people who don't? The (sane) individuals that have standards and were actually expecting a proper next installment? We're essentially paying (figuratively speaking) because the others don't have any standards.

Carlos wrote:Whether people are gullible/stupid I can't tell, nor do I care, nor is this important at all

That ship has sailed.

It may not be important to you but it is to some of us. If it were just one gullible individual supporting greedy corporations like EA I'd gladly chill and let chill but that's not the case, stupid people are in the majority, and the majority decides the future. Be that the future of Africa or the gaming industry, I could start a protest about all the children starving in Africa but I'd be just one of the many idiots babbling about things they know nothing about. It's not a subject I'm well informed on, which is why I stick to the gaming industry, because it's something I actually up-to-date on.

Carlos wrote:...it also creates an uncomfortable impression somehow (what if people hadn't "complained" ? Would those few features still have been added to the base game ? Probably not).

Considering how effective this brainwash was, I think it's a safe bet they had it planned from the start. CD Projekt is practicing a similar marketing trick with The Witcher 3; they've cut several pieces of content from the main game and announced prior to the game's release that they'll be giving them away as "free DLC" every week, effectively winning the hearts and minds of the gullible individuals that make up the vast majority of the consumer base long before the game was even out.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to fight. This is called debating, done properly, please continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Jun 2015, 22:04

Anarchy wrote:
Just to be clear, I'm not looking to fight. This is called debating, done properly, please continue.

Say...you haven't been on this forum before (a while ago, and under a different account name), have you ? 

About the topic, for now I won't go into all details of the post, maybe I will next time. And as long as the "debates" don't get out of hand it's fine with me. While I'm tending to agree with you, there is still no need for labely such as "stupid" or the like.

People will not become more intelligent by not buying crappy products. That is one aspect, but certainly not an end.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 22:29

I don't really feel like continuing this debate because you seem stuck on your opinion. You've also mentioned this in other topics. So whatever. I'm stupid and gullible for liking EA. Happy now?

I enjoy building in the game so sorry I appreciate the things they added WhatDidUJustCallMe?
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 06:27

I agree. I like the game but I would not consider myself gullible because of it. I didn't buy Sims 3 until it had a few expansions to it and I'll do the same for Sims 4. Admittedly, I don't play S4 as much as I played S3. In my opinion the S3 base game was much better than S4.

scratch Umm, I wasn't expecting Seasons to be free it to be free. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:25

Carlos wrote:...there is still no need for labely such as "stupid" or the like.

People will not become more intelligent by not buying crappy products. That is one aspect, but certainly not an end.

I don't care about them. I care about me, and for as long as they keep buying crappy products, companies like EA will continue pushing them. And if they are pushing crappy products, they aren't making good ones, get it?

All I'm asking is that they stop giving EA money, and they are acting like that's unreasonable. Do you know a better term I could use to describe them? Other than "stupid"? I'm open to suggestions.

kitty10136 wrote:I agree. I like the game but I would not consider myself gullible because of it. I didn't buy Sims 3 until it had a few expansions to it and I'll do the same for Sims 4. Admittedly, I don't play S4 as much as I played S3. In my opinion the S3 base game was much better than S4.

You're not gullible if you like the game. I believe there was a context in which I referred to the majority of the consumer base as gullible...

Anyway, that's the problem. You expect too little, so EA deliver too little. They do listen to the fans, problem is they only seem to listen to the wrong ones.

And for the record, you can like the game without buying it.

coolcandy3001 wrote:I don't really feel like  continuing this debate because you seem stuck on your opinion. You've also mentioned this in other topics. So whatever. I'm stupid and gullible for liking EA. Happy now?

I enjoy building in the game so sorry I appreciate the things they added WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Yes, if a little disappointed. I have mentioned it before, because honestly I wasn't expecting to run into more EA supporters on a pirate forum than on MTS.

What did they add to build mode exactly? I've yet to find anything new about it apart from the ability to place windows on different levels, which is good but hardly worth sacrificing tons of other features no?

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 17:09

Anarchy wrote:
Carlos wrote:...there is still no need for labely such as "stupid" or the like.

I don't care about them. I care about me, and for as long as they keep buying crappy products, companies like EA will continue pushing them. And if they are pushing crappy products, they aren't making good ones, get it?

All I'm asking is that they stop giving EA money, and they are acting like that's unreasonable. Do you know a better term I could use to describe them? Other than "stupid"? I'm open to suggestions.

kitty10136 wrote:I agree. I like the game but I would not consider myself gullible because of it. I didn't buy Sims 3 until it had a few expansions to it and I'll do the same for Sims 4. Admittedly, I don't play S4 as much as I played S3. In my opinion the S3 base game was much better than S4.

You're not gullible if you like the game. I believe there was a context in which I referred to the majority of the consumer base as gullible...

Anyway, that's the problem. You expect too little, so EA deliver too little. They do listen to the fans, problem is they only seem to listen to the wrong ones.

And for the record, you can like the game without buying it.

coolcandy3001 wrote:I don't really feel like  continuing this debate because you seem stuck on your opinion. You've also mentioned this in other topics. So whatever. I'm stupid and gullible for liking EA. Happy now?

I enjoy building in the game so sorry I appreciate the things they added WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Yes, if a little disappointed. I have mentioned it before, because honestly I wasn't expecting to run into more EA supporters on a pirate forum than on MTS.

What did they add to build mode exactly? I've yet to find anything new about it apart from the ability to place windows on different levels, which is good but hardly worth sacrificing tons of other features no?
Basements and an extra level helps me build mroe rooms and houses and newcrest gives me 15 completely new places to put my builds?
And maybe it's because I spend £50 a go on an anime boxset or figma that I can happily go "So what if someone buys the game?" If they support EA, so what? Is that really a bad thing? Stop calling everyone who supports EA stupid because it's up to them how they spend their money. I accept your opinion so can you now accept mine and just stop arguing with everyone? This site is also not just for EA games and it's also not just for pirates. So actually, yes. You will find EA supporters.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 18:39

Back to the original topic of this post...

So are we getting said new town? I'd assume to be able to get it into your game you'd have to add The Sims 4 to origin and let them play with it..which would then mess up said cracked / fixed version of the game, correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 19:15

SimsOMedia wrote:Back to the original topic of this post...

So are we getting said new town? I'd assume to be able to get it into your game you'd have to add The Sims 4 to origin and let them play with it..which would then mess up said cracked / fixed version of the game, correct?
It's coming in a patch and yes, EA have confirmed it. One of my favorite youtubers - Deligracy - was asked by a SimGuru to build some houses for it and post in the gallery under #buildnewcrest - just for those who don't enjoy building that much Smile
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 19:19

coolcandy3001 wrote:
SimsOMedia wrote:Back to the original topic of this post...

It's coming in a patch and yes, EA have confirmed it. One of my favorite youtubers - Deligracy - was asked by a SimGuru to build some houses for it and post in the gallery under #buildnewcrest - just for those who don't enjoy building that much Smile
I meant are we getting it here on G4TW / or do we even need to get it here vs. just downloading it from EA. But thank you for replying Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Jun 2015, 20:13

SimsOMedia wrote:I meant are we getting it here on G4TW / or do we even need to get it here vs. just downloading it from EA. But thank you for replying Smile

"Just downloading from EA" wouldn't work, as you would need to modify/update the current crack of the game. So you can't just simply put the files from a legit game into the cracked Sims 4.

And yes, we will try and get hold of the new stuff, as soon as possible.

Last edited by Carlos on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 20:25; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 20:24

Carlos wrote:
SimsOMedia wrote:I meant are we getting it here on G4TW / or do we even need to get it here vs. just downloading it from EA. But thank you for replying Smile

"Just downloading from EA" wouldn' work, as you would need to modify/update the current crack of the game. So you can't just simply put the files from a legit game into the cracked Sims 4.

And yes, we will try and get hold of the new stuff, as soon as possible.
Thought so, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 04:14

Unfortunately sadly Newcrest comes with the patch, and G4W uses third party cracks to make their fix. Considering that 3rd party takes absolutely forever to update the crack to the latest patch, I really don't expect to be playing in Newport til 2-3 weeks from now.

Even though the new stuff pack is coming out next week, again that 3rd party is very slow in getting those cracks updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jun 2015, 04:44

In my opinion.... if your not satisfied with the game, dont play it. dont bash people that do enjoy it just cause the game isnt up to your standards. 

even if you did manage to convert every member of this forum to your hard edge view of what we should or shouldnt be playing and how, it wouldnt make a **** turds worth of difference cause there are still millions of other people who would still think your full of crap and should just stop playing EA Games since you hate them so much. half the people dont even play sims games for EA content, they play it for custom content. 

Had it not been for custom content creators, many people could care less about the game. everyone has their own style of playing the sims games. some its creating sims. some its building homes, some its actual gameplay, some its to explore every nook and cranny of the world and so on. 

thats the beauty of the sims, nobody is forced to play the game a certain way. so if you cant find the the style that fits how you wanna play, maybe you should go create a sims alternative with all the features you think we should have and you can give us all these features for free and see how much money you make. maybe you'll get rich or maybe you'll understand EA's point of view on what they release and when. or maybe you'll put them out of business with a better product than they are willing to offer.

people arent gonna sit and cry about something they just got free that wasnt released a year ago, they are gonna enjoy the fact that they finally have it and that the idea wasnt dropped all together. 

Im not gonna keep coming back here to debate this, this will be my only post, so say what you want when im gone, i really could care less. atleast they arent charging us for everything that they are sooooooo late to release from the actual release date of the base game. 

maybe for sims 5 they should wait 10 years to release it and not release it til every stuff pack and expansion pack is complete and then sell it all in one base game on the release date for $1200 so we know we are getting a complete game nobody can complain about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 02:21

Since The Sims 4 is my very first time playing The Sims I have no notion of what the other games have or how the work. I like the building aspect of The Sims 4 quite a lot but yes the base game does feel like its missing a number of basic items like dishwashers, Washers and dryers, and even Video game consoles since those are some of the more basic living items. I have herd of some of the issues with The Sims 3 building such as being one square off and you have to start all over along with starting all over just to add a foundation. I am glad I haven't tried the building there as wrapping my head around some of those issues seems annoying. Hopefully we do get some more stuff packs and expansions that add some of the more basic items that are missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top