Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Can't Enter House Placed from the Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Can't Enter House Placed from the Gallery Empty Sims Can't Enter House Placed from the Gallery

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2015, 13:45

I first got houses from the Gallery using the CAS Demo trick and then made some sims and put them on a lot and decided what house to give them.

I edited the house to my liking, which was horrifically time consuming considering as soon as I tried to use it my sims couldn't get in. They walked to the front door and started stamping their feet and waving their arms. I tried moving everything away from the door, replacing it, trying a different door. I knocked out the whole wall and they could finally get in. But after putting the wall and the door back they couldn't get out. Frustrated and sure it was the fault of the house I demolished the whole thing and plopped a new house down.

This house also had the issue. I looked it up and it seemed to be a common issue. Everyone said the solution is to send them to another lot and then go home.

Aha! I had fixed it at last! My sims who were now starving, smelly, and tired could take care of their needs! A sim day or two later I decided the house wasn't my style and replaced it.

The problem re-occurred!

It's been a different house every time, but on the same lot. I don't know why it keeps happening! I don't know if it has to do with the lot or the houses or what but it's driving me crazy! Is there some way to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Sims Can't Enter House Placed from the Gallery Empty Re: Sims Can't Enter House Placed from the Gallery

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jun 2015, 02:56

theLilyBird wrote:I first got houses from the Gallery using the CAS Demo trick and then made some sims and put them on a lot and decided what house to give them.

I edited the house to my liking, which was horrifically time consuming considering as soon as I tried to use it my sims couldn't get in. They walked to the front door and started stamping their feet and waving their arms. I tried moving everything away from the door, replacing it, trying a different door. I knocked out the whole wall and they could finally get in. But after putting the wall and the door back they couldn't get out. Frustrated and sure it was the fault of the house I demolished the whole thing and plopped a new house down.

This house also had the issue. I looked it up and it seemed to be a common issue. Everyone said the solution is to send them to another lot and then go home.

Aha! I had fixed it at last! My sims who were now starving, smelly, and tired could take care of their needs! A sim day or two later I decided the house wasn't my style and replaced it.

The problem re-occurred!

It's been a different house every time, but on the same lot. I don't know why it keeps happening! I don't know if it has to do with the lot or the houses or what but it's driving me crazy! Is there some way to fix this?

Hello and welcome to the forum first of all,

The only thing I can suggest for now is that you navigate to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and find the file localthumbcache.package. Delete the file and re-start the game. 

Does the glitch also happen with default houses, that are already in the neighborhood, or only to custom houses from the gallery ?

I myself don't have the issue, but that may be due to me using one of those default houses in Willow Creek. And what about any mods or custom content - are you using these items ? If so, have you tried removing them all for now ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top