Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 2 Empty ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 22:00

First topic message reminder :

So what, who needs it!

Here is the solution....

If your like me and thinking your download doesnt work of newest sims 4 update, dont give up just yet.

I was getting the origin is not running error which i seen many others have also had. 

The fix is easy... move your current game directory over to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and then start game. You do not need to have origin running at all. you just need your sims 4 directory in that path.

Your Welcome! Enjoy! you have waited long enough! Smile

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 2 Empty Re: ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:26

Misfit203 wrote:@lowkeysimbler

well you can uninstall and start over, but if you rename your electronic arts directory that is located in your my documents folder, or just move it to your desktop before you uninstall and then re-install. after you finish installing you can rename it back or move it back where it belongs and no harm done. your game should be just as you left it when it worked. provided that everything such as mods or c/c if you have any are compatable with the latest version.

Sigh, I did all of this and still getting the message. I've tried all the steps including allowing folders and disabling the security. I don't know what to do, this is all so confusing. This is where the game is installed after using G4TW latest fix.

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 2 Screen11

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 2 Empty Re: ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:30

@lowkeysimblr did you extracted the fix again after disabling the security?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:35

@lowkeysimbler  

@sinnerosdq makes a good point too, you might try that first before doing as i said. it may solve your problem before you have to go as far as a reinstall.

@amandaeris  

ok from what you say, my guess is you must be dealing with .rar files

which means you either need to start extraction from the first file which in most cases it will be the file that ends with .RAR. but if i remember right, in some cases the first file doesnt always end in .rar.

if you dont see a file with the .rar extension then that would be your case. but to be sure of that you need to you need to be sure because windows hides known file extensions by default.  so when you look at these files in windows explorer there is a column known as file type. your archives will show as WINRAR Archives in that column. 

also im pretty sure windows explorer will show you file extesions for most of the files.
so what you would see will look like this.

___NAME______|__DATE_MODIFIED__|______TYPE______|

EXAMPLE          |      08/12/2015       | WINRAR ARCHIVE |
EXAMPLE.R01    |      08/12/2015       | WINRAR ARCHIVE |
EXAMPLE.RO2    |      08/12/2015       | WINRAR ARCHIVE |
EXAMPLE.RO3    |      08/12/2015       | WINRAR ARCHIVE |
EXAMPLE.RO4    |      08/12/2015       | WINRAR ARCHIVE |

and the list may or may not go on higher or lower with .r0# extensions.
they key to figure out where to start is if you see above in my first line,
it says EXAMPLE but has no extension saying .rar or .r0# at the end.
if you scan to the right to the type column it does say it is a WINRAR ARCHIVE.

based on the lack of extension and the winrar archive type, it is safe to assume
that this file is your first file.

but if you look and there is no file that doesnt have an extension that "IS listed as a 
WINRAR ARCHIVE" under the type column, then your one of the few cases i mentioned earlier.

so if you dont have the file with no extension, you will need to start extracting from the lowest file # first which im pretty sure will end with .R00. which in whole would look like 
EXAMPLE.R00

once you start the extraction from that first file which ever one you have, it will continue to extract the rest of them automatically.

hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:49

@Misfit203 Yes but I already reinstalled everything. That's why I said I am doing something wrong here, and I don't know what. Everything seems to go well, then I get the origin message when I try to start the game. Sorry for my incompetance but I just really want to play the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:53

thanks @simerosdq
i get the feeling your better equipped to help @lowkeysimblr with this one,
i am not currently using the GT4W ultimate fix update. thanks for stepping in.

I do have one last suggestion in my arsenal for @lowkeysimblr.
this will only work if they already have origin installed. 
this doesnt mean if they dont, to go install it. it just might be a fix if it is installed
and is related to the root of the problem. 

@lowkeysimblr, if you have origin installed, in windows explorer goto your
C:\Program files (x86) directory

scroll down til you see the folder named Origin. 

right click on that folder, and select rename.

rename it to OR-Origin then hit enter

now try and run the game.

if it works save the game and exit out.

now you should be able to go back to that origin folder and remove the OR- from the filename.

once you have done all this, you should be able to run the game again with no problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 01:00

@lowkeysimblr

its all good lowkey, i know how you feel, i had your same problem too. i spent hours myself looking for info or installing, reinstalling and failing and all that crap.

hopefully that last suggestion i made will help you.

or perhaps if that doesnt help, install to a secondary drive, such as drive D:\Games or other if you have one. 

cause the only other suggestion i can give you is me recommending to you something in pretty sure would work for you, but i'd rather not, now that i know G4TW has released an updated ultimate fix. im not here to take away users, i just try to help when i can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 01:55

Misfit203 wrote:@lowkeysimblr

its all good lowkey, i know how you feel, i had your same problem too. i spent hours myself looking for info or installing, reinstalling and failing and all that crap.

hopefully that last suggestion i made will help you.

or perhaps if that doesnt help, install to a secondary drive, such as drive D:\Games or other if you have one. 

cause the only other suggestion i can give you is me recommending to you something in pretty sure would work for you, but i'd rather not, now that i know G4TW has released an updated ultimate fix. im not here to take away users, i just try to help when i can.

Please message me and tell me, because I tried the renaming and that didn't work either. I literally started over bare bones.  Why. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 02:28

lowkeysimblr wrote:Please message me and tell me, because I tried the renaming and that didn't work either. I literally started over bare bones.  Why. Sad

Hi there, @lowkeysimblr! Very Happy

When you say you are getting the 'Origin pop up', you mean that Origin is opening prompting you to log in or that you are getting an error message saying that Origin is not running?

Now, did you make sure to add all of the folders from the game folder to the Exceptions List of all of your security programs (if you have more than one)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 02:56

SeoY wrote:
lowkeysimblr wrote:Please message me and tell me, because I tried the renaming and that didn't work either. I literally started over bare bones.  Why. Sad

Hi there, @lowkeysimblr! Very Happy

When you say you are getting the 'Origin pop up', you mean that Origin is opening prompting you to log in or that you are getting an error message saying that Origin is not running?

Now, did you make sure to add all of the folders from the game folder to the Exceptions List of all of your security programs (if you have more than one)?

This is the Origin pop up:
ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 2 Screen12

And this is a view of what I've done as far as adding programs and folders to security lists:

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 2 Screen13

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 2 Screen14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 03:01

lowkeysimblr wrote:This is the Origin pop up:

And this is a view of what I've done as far as adding programs and folders to security lists:

I see. There should be no need to configure anything about the firewall with The Sims 4, but I find it troubling that you have two instances of the game on the list. There should be no more than one.

How exactly are you trying to run the game? Are you double clicking a shortcut on your desktop or are you going to Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and opening TS4.exe there? If you are using a shortcut on the desktop, make sure that it's pointing at the current location of TS4.exe and not the old one.

Did you completely remove the The Sims 4 folder from inside Electronic Arts, or did you leave a copy of it behind?

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 03:24

SeoY wrote:
lowkeysimblr wrote:This is the Origin pop up:

I see. There should be no need to configure anything about the firewall with The Sims 4, but I find it troubling that you have two instances of the game on the list. There should be no more than one.

How exactly are you trying to run the game? Are you double clicking a shortcut on your desktop or are you going to Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and opening TS4.exe there? If you are using a shortcut on the desktop, make sure that it's pointing at the current location of TS4.exe and not the old one.

Did you completely remove the The Sims 4 folder from inside Electronic Arts, or did you leave a copy of it behind?

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

I started it from the current location in my (C:) drive every time. And I also deleted the old S4 folder inside the Electronics Arts folder. I'm close to giving up.  All these weeks waiting for Spa Day. But I know it's just something I'm doing or not doing. The game is indeed installed, because it starts in a new window and then quickly closes only to display this evil Origin error window. Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 03:28

lowkeysimblr wrote:I started it from the current location in my (C:) drive every time. And I also deleted the old S4 folder inside the Electronics Arts folder. I'm close to giving up.  All these weeks waiting for Spa Day. But I know it's just something I'm doing or not doing. The game is indeed installed, because it starts in a new window and then quickly closes only to display this evil Origin error window. Why.

Did you add those firewall rules yourself? If you added them, you can try deleting them and see if there's any difference.

Now, if you want, we can also try and help you through TeamViewer. There's no need to give up, this error does indeed have a solution. Let me know if you are interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 04:01

SeoY wrote:
lowkeysimblr wrote:I started it from the current location in my (C:) drive every time. And I also deleted the old S4 folder inside the Electronics Arts folder. I'm close to giving up.  All these weeks waiting for Spa Day. But I know it's just something I'm doing or not doing. The game is indeed installed, because it starts in a new window and then quickly closes only to display this evil Origin error window. Why.

Did you add those firewall rules yourself? If you added them, you can try deleting them and see if there's any difference.

Now, if you want, we can also try and help you through TeamViewer. There's no need to give up, this error does indeed have a solution. Let me know if you are interested.

I am totally interested. Thank you so much for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 06:25

I noticed @lowkeysimblr that you have the sims 4 allowed to communicate thru your firewall. there is no need for that being that the sims 4 wont work online using cracked version. im not sure if its related to your problem, but it should still be blocked from communicating to the internet. the sims 4 create a sim demo is ok, just uncheck the instances of the sims 4 that are checked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:35

Misfit203 wrote:I noticed @lowkeysimblr that you have the sims 4 allowed to communicate thru your firewall. there is no need for that being that the sims 4 wont work online using cracked version. im not sure if its related to your problem, but it should still be blocked from communicating to the internet. the sims 4 create a sim demo is ok, just uncheck the instances of the sims 4 that are checked.

//MOVED

As weird as it looks, our experiences show that you should actually ALLOW Sims 4 to connect to the internet, and this is due to the nature of the crack (which needs to simulate the behavior of the Origin client). The same must be done on any third-party firewalls to (like those anti-virus firewalls. Alternatively, turn off the firewall(s) completely: this should work too, though I don't recommend that.

//EDIT

I've seen it myself back then, numerous times, when assisting various users via TeamViewer, and allowing the TS4.exe through the firewall shouldn't hurt in any way. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:59

Origin is no longer opening by itself when I try to run the game, other than that I've had no progress. I've tried everything on this thread. Le'sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 08:07

oh ok @carlos, guess the sims 4 is different from other torrents. im so used to seeing every game say block from firewall blah blah blah. lol

i use avast antivirus and lucky for me i never have to disable antivirus, never have to block form firewall. i dont know why, but whatever i install always seems to work fine as is. lol 

I Love my PC! <3 lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 08:59

I moved my game yesterday to the desktop and it worked.. Today when I tried  to start the game the same orgin-error-message came up I is confused worked yesterday with a diffrent location WhatDidUJustCallMe? what to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 10:40

@Martiiinaah

im confused... it sounds like your saying it worked from desktop yesterday, but today you have it in a different location and it doesnt work? i wanna say move it back to desktop, but i get the feeling your meaning something different.

please clarify, so that someone can better help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 11:01

No i still had it on desktop and it didnt work. But I think defender screwed it up so I turned it off, and downloaded the fix again (because defender erased some files from the fix) and after that it worked again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 06:08

@Martiiinaah glad to hear it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 06:31

I have done all this and i still get the same error Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 06:44

mystichaze wrote:I have done all this and i still get the same error Sad

Hi there, @mystichaze! Very Happy

Exactly what error are you getting? Is it the "Origin is not running" or it opening the problem? 

And please be a little more specific about what you have tried. It's easier if you tell us exactly what you did and what steps you followed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 07:53

i completely removed origin from my computer and i am getting the origin not running popup when i try to run the sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 08:01

mystichaze wrote:i completely removed origin from my computer and i am getting the origin not running popup when i try to run the sims 4.
this is the error that i am getting (if this works)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:59

@mystichaze are you sure that all the files are 850mb? except for nr5 (771mb). I needed to close defender on my computer because it removed files from the rar-files and files in my the sims 4 file right after i copy all files från the fix to my simsfile. So i needed to download again and copy all files again.
After moving it to my desktop and re-copy all files from the fix to the simsfile it worked Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 22:24

yes each one was of that 850 and then the 5th one was 800 i extracted the first one and extracted to the c:/programs (x86) folder NOT in electronic arts folder and i still get the same error i even disabled windows defender i don't have the essentails one i don't have virus protection on my computer right now. and i am still getting that error i ended up last night or very early in the morning removing sims 4 from my computer and reinstalling base game with old fix it worked but then crashed almost instantly didn't get the origin not running error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top