Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 3 Empty ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 22:00

First topic message reminder :

So what, who needs it!

Here is the solution....

If your like me and thinking your download doesnt work of newest sims 4 update, dont give up just yet.

I was getting the origin is not running error which i seen many others have also had. 

The fix is easy... move your current game directory over to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and then start game. You do not need to have origin running at all. you just need your sims 4 directory in that path.

Your Welcome! Enjoy! you have waited long enough! Smile

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 3 Empty Re: ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:59

@mystichaze are you sure that all the files are 850mb? except for nr5 (771mb). I needed to close defender on my computer because it removed files from the rar-files and files in my the sims 4 file right after i copy all files från the fix to my simsfile. So i needed to download again and copy all files again.
After moving it to my desktop and re-copy all files from the fix to the simsfile it worked Smile

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN is not running error? One solution... - Page 3 Empty Re: ORIGIN is not running error? One solution...

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 22:24

yes each one was of that 850 and then the 5th one was 800 i extracted the first one and extracted to the c:/programs (x86) folder NOT in electronic arts folder and i still get the same error i even disabled windows defender i don't have the essentails one i don't have virus protection on my computer right now. and i am still getting that error i ended up last night or very early in the morning removing sims 4 from my computer and reinstalling base game with old fix it worked but then crashed almost instantly didn't get the origin not running error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 16:34

im getting very frustrated and annoyed with this update. @misfit203 ive gone as far as to uninstall the entire game and reinstalled everything correctly (to my knowledge) and it still isnt working. Also what you had said to me in a previous post didnt really solve my problem, i am dealing with .rar files and ive extracted them before i copy & move the files into The Sims 4 file instead of just dragging and dropping via the .rar file. i've tried everything. it sucks because normally G4TW updates are pretty straight forward and easy to install but this one has just been a real clusterF%*$

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 17:45

mystichaze wrote:yes each one was of that 850 and then the 5th one was 800 i extracted the first one and extracted to the c:/programs (x86) folder NOT in electronic arts folder and i still get the same error i even disabled windows defender i don't have the essentails one i don't have virus protection on my computer right now. and i am still getting that error i ended up last night or very early in the morning removing sims 4 from my computer and reinstalling base game with old fix it worked but then crashed almost instantly didn't get the origin not running error.

So, the old version didn't work either? And have you tried moving temporarily the folder located at Documents\The Sims 4 (the one that contains all of your Saves and Mods), and see if it makes any difference?

amandaeris wrote:im getting very frustrated and annoyed with this update. @misfit203 ive gone as far as to uninstall the entire game and reinstalled everything correctly (to my knowledge) and it still isnt working. Also what you had said to me in a previous post didnt really solve my problem, i am dealing with .rar files and ive extracted them before i copy & move the files into The Sims 4 file instead of just dragging and dropping via the .rar file. i've tried everything. it sucks because normally G4TW updates are pretty straight forward and easy to install but this one has just been a real clusterF%*$

Hi there, @amandaeris! Very Happy

I'm very sorry to hear of your frustration. Another version of the fix has been released, it's a torrent and all of the 5 packs are merged into one. It may be easier to install that one, if you want to try it:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20953-temporary-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-version-1-10-57-1020-out-now#142555

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 21:05

having the same issue on a computer over here. The Base game, the game@work and the latest fix not working.
The base game and Game@work dlc fix worked great, but this update did not.

Tried all tips and tricks from the forum. Nothing worked to solve this error on our computer.
Disabled all virus scanners etc.

What made it work was cleaning the computer from adware by using:
ADWCLEANER 
ROGUEKILLER

find this software bleepingcomputer

good luck! will add antivirus again to the computer and exclude scanning of SIMS 4 folders now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 08:33

borderm wrote:having the same issue on a computer over here. The Base game, the game@work and the latest fix not working.
The base game and Game@work dlc fix worked great, but this update did not.

Tried all tips and tricks from the forum. Nothing worked to solve this error on our computer.
Disabled all virus scanners etc.

What made it work was cleaning the computer from adware by using:
ADWCLEANER 
ROGUEKILLER

find this software bleepingcomputer

good luck! will add antivirus again to the computer and exclude scanning of SIMS 4 folders now Smile
Glad you found a solution!

Problem solved, topic closed.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top