Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roomates are in base game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roomates are in base game? Empty Roomates are in base game?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 09:33

Is this normal? I have installed university and made an apartment in the base game, but roommates keep coming in. Id like a roommate but the problem is I dont see the option to limit the amount. Its supposed to be under phone real estate and travel i have gathered but all i see are properties to buy. Its not under services either, only maids and firefighters etc

As a second question is there any "load game" option? or do i have to quit to main menu each time? In case i wanna go back on my savefiles

Back to top Go down

Roomates are in base game? Empty Re: Roomates are in base game?

Post by Guest Tue 29 Sep 2015, 00:54

Ok I decided to restart a new game.....I saved my lot so I can just copy it in. Now that I did i see the option I previously could not, "set max number of roommates" so this game is broken? What i did before was immediately set the lot I was given at the start as an apartment. What I did now was set it as a regular lot, and when I try to set the max its greyed out saying I must have roommates before I can set the maximum cap. My question now is....since to do so I must set my regular residential lot as an apartment lot will this glitch up the game?

in essence....are roommates supported in the base game/ other Expansion packs? Or are they only meant for University life lots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Sep 2015, 13:27

bump

in essence....are roommates supported in the base game/ other Expansion packs? Or are they only meant for University life lots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Sep 2015, 13:31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Sep 2015, 13:33

So they are not in base game? Does this mean I should never change residential OR private lots into apartment lots ANYWHERE except the actual university?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct 2015, 02:42

They're not in the base game, but you can set off the roommate options, atleast in private residental lots.

Just click on your Sim > Smartphone > Real Estate & Tourism (something like that) > Roommates.

Hope that helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:14

That disappears whenever I make an apartment in the base game. So I guess this is a major design flaw...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Oct 2015, 22:24

ruisuki wrote:That disappears whenever I make an apartment in the base game. So I guess this is a major design flaw...

I'll try it in one of my games next week and see what happens, and in response to your other question, yes, you have to quit to the main menu in order to load a saved game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 22:28

Cool. I await your response since Im not sure why the option to make an apartment is in the base game if it then prevents you from moving sims out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 17:34

Sorry for late late late reply, but I finally have a possible answer to your problem.

So, I used my family in Sunset Valley, they're 4, so I contacted activated the roommate option and got 4 strangers.
When I tried to deactivate the roommate option (with these 4 strangers still living in it), the game bugged and I could no longer perform any action on the game, I had to use "Ctrl + Alt + Del" to close it.

But when I tried deleting every stranger and added 4 existing sims into my family, I was able to deactivate the roommate option and continue playing as normal (I suppose you can kick these extra sims if you don't want them).

I'm not sure if it'll work for you, but try it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top