Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED] Empty Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 22:28

My anti-virus software (Norton) found some Trojan Horses. Am I supposed to ignore these because it's a cracked game? Because right now the game is not working. I keep getting the 'Origin is not running' error. I think that these files being in quarantine might be the problem. Is it safe to unblock these files or will I get a virus on my computer?? 

I hope someone can help me with this asap, thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Feb 2016, 22:32

DutchieGoes wrote:My anti-virus software (Norton) found some Trojan Horses. Am I supposed to ignore these because it's a cracked game? Because right now the game is not working. I keep getting the 'Origin is not running' error. I think that these files being in quarantine might be the problem. Is it safe to unblock these files or will I get a virus on my computer?? 

I hope someone can help me with this asap, thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the forum @DutchieGoes,

Yes, due to the fact that modern pirated games are always (!) detected as virusses, you can/should configure your anti-virus exceptions accordingly. See also e.g. this other topic here for related explanations.

So yes, for now please unblock these quarantined files and try the game again. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 00:33

Thanks for your help, the 64 bits version works fine now (apart from one crash after I just started playing).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Feb 2016, 18:18

DutchieGoes wrote:Thanks for your help, the 64 bits version works fine now (apart from one crash after I just started playing).

Sorry for the late reply,

If you are interested, you need to do additional tweaking though, if you are running the TS4_x64.exe and in the event you want to have the game in a display language other than English. See the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22096-experimental-language-change-and-the-ts4_x64-exe

Good luck again, and I'll leave the thread open for now. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Feb 2016, 13:07

Thank you again Carlos, that was indeed what I wanted to do. I haven't tested it yet but my game should run fine in dutch now!  Yess, aye lieeke! 

Have a cookie as a reward!

Cookie from Carlos

//EDIT

My previous gameplay is now gone!! How do I get this back!!!

//EDIT

Never mind, it just made a new save folder and everything, so I copied my old save to the new save folder and now everything is back where it belongs! Trojan Horses in The Sims 4, GTW and GTG. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Feb 2016, 16:01

Thanks a lot for the cookie ! And have fun with the game. Smile  Problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support on anything we can help with !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top