Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trojan on Sims 4??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trojan on Sims 4?? Empty Trojan on Sims 4??

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 04:08

I have downloaded many Sims 3 expansion packs from here, so I figured getting the Sims 4 from here was a good idea. After installing it through the odd wizard it came with, Norton came up with 2 notifications saying it had 2 trojan gens. That sorta freaked me out because I trusted this site!! 

I am now running 2 scans to make sure nothing got past Norton, but I am very ashamed in the uploaders of that torrent. Like seriously?? 2 trojans??? I'm still gonna play the game because im p sure Norton removed the trojans, but still. bad move bro.  Why. Why. Why.

Back to top Go down

Trojan on Sims 4?? Empty Re: Trojan on Sims 4??

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 05:18

Hi there, @tsukkiii.

You won't be able to play the game at all, because what Norton did was remove the crack after detecting it as a false-positive. I already explained here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21311-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-major-issue-possible-virus-in-current-version#144080

Our downloads always have been safe, and we make our best to make sure that they continue to be so. There's no 'trojans' in any of the files for The Sims 4, just a generic virus detection because of the behavior of the dynamic library included.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Oct 2015, 05:32

tsukkiii wrote:Bad move bro.  Why. Why. Why.

Welcome to the forum,

What SeoY said before basically. I myself also wrote a comment about this on the G4TW Facebook page, back then, and which pretty much sums up everything there is to say on this matter (although from a technical point of view, this post is very simplified, the basic message is still true):

https://www.facebook.com/110924105707074/photos/a.150507375082080.31826.110924105707074/634325583366921/?type=1

And from a purely pragmatic (!) viewpoint, consider the following: you could also try Sims 4 releases from other uploaders than Games4theworld if you don't trust us here, but I doubt that you will get a different result in your Norton. Everybody uses the same Sims 4 release that was cracked from RELOADED, nowadays.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 05:53

ok, so since it deleted it, how could i reinstall it where it doesnt delete those files...? bcuz honestly i really wanna play ahhh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 06:09

wait,,, nevermind,, i think i got this figured out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top