Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 17:08

Hello!

I am a bit frustrated at the moment! I downloaded the sims 3 complete collection. I want to point out I am no amateur when it comes to install games or cracked once, ok! So now to the problem! I installed the base game, i did not  install EA Download manager since it said you do not have to do so. After the base game was installed, I was going to install World Adventure. But it came and error saying that the game can not bee updated and there for the installer will bee closing down...

So what is the problem here. Is the world adventure expansion in the complete collection broken, or is it because i did not install EA's Download manager?! I would bee happy to get help with this. The reason why I uninstalled it in the first place, was because that mosaic mod did not work at all, it was a black spot where the mosaic mod was suppose to work and even if I took it off from my mods folder it did not disappear..That is the reason why I needed to remove the whole game and reinstall it...Now this expansion has started to say it will shut down cause it can not update the game... Help Please...

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jan 2017, 18:10

Gothic_Queen77 wrote:Hello!

I am a bit frustrated at the moment! I downloaded the sims 3 complete collection. I want to point out I am no amateur when it comes to install games or cracked once, ok! So now to the problem! I installed the base game, i did not  install EA Download manager since it said you do not have to do so. After the base game was installed, I was going to install World Adventure. But it came and error saying that the game can not bee updated and there for the installer will bee closing down...

So what is the problem here. Is the world adventure expansion in the complete collection broken, or is it because i did not install EA's Download manager?! I would bee happy to get help with this. The reason why I uninstalled it in the first place, was because that mosaic mod did not work at all, it was a black spot where the mosaic mod was suppose to work and even if I took it off from my mods folder it did not disappear..That is the reason why I needed to remove the whole game and reinstall it...Now this expansion has started to say it will shut down cause it can not update the game... Help Please...

Hello and welcome to the Forum, Smile

After you installed the base game, did you apply the 1.67 manual patch? In the "Complete Collection" torrent of G4TW, this is the file inside the #Crack-folder that is about 1.7GB in filesize. See also step #2 of the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 09:20

Oops, I completely missed that patch! Thanks for reminding me about it! The game is installed now and works perfectly! Thanks again  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:51

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top