Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Pools?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Pools? Empty No Pools?

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:04

Hey, I'm new to this whole site (just found and installed sims 4 today) and I can't find the pools. The options for the pool is not there at all. I saw other post about people having pools but I'm not sure how to make mine appear. I don't have the bought base game, I downloaded that from here too.

Back to top Go down

No Pools? Empty Re: No Pools?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:10

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Did you install everything that is currently available?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:13

I did, but I honestly have no idea if they actually are in my game. I loaded up sims before the other updates to make sure it was working and it told I got a new stuff. But when I loaded sims back up after installing all the updates nothing popped up so I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:18

I'm not really that familiar with TS4 gameplay, since I stuck with TS3 for a number of reasons, so I'm not sure how to tell whether or not everything was installed correctly. You'll have to check back later for a reply from someone who knows.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help with this Sad
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:24

It's okay! Thank you for replying so fast Smile I don't mind waiting. I'm just happy that I'm not missing something critically important to the game (although pools do come close haha)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 22:36

Hi! can you upload screenshots of build mode where you grab and build walls?

it might give people a better understanding of that issue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 22:44

This is what I'm seeing. https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/19/60/76/51/img_2010.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jan 2017, 22:59

God'sKitten wrote:This is what I'm seeing. https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/19/60/76/51/img_2010.jpg

Hello,

If you installed all available DLC as outlined here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Are you sure you copied and pasted them into C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4? Many users mistakenly apply the DLC to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, which is wrong. These files go under Program files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 23:04

I'm going to go through the process of installing all the updates again. I'll let you know the results.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jan 2017, 23:10

God'sKitten wrote:I'm going to go through the process of installing all the updates again. I'll let you know the results.

Please do, and good luck!  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 00:39

It still doesn't show the pool as an option to build with. I don't know if i have any anti-virus (I know dangerous) so is there anywhere to know for sure if there is any anti-virus blocking the mods without it sending me a pop-up about the files being dangerous?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 06:35

God'sKitten wrote:It still doesn't show the pool as an option to build with. I don't know if i have any anti-virus (I know dangerous) so is there anywhere to know for sure if there is any anti-virus blocking the mods without it sending me a pop-up about the files being dangerous?

If you use Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, then you have Windows Defender by default. Windows Defender will remove both reloaded files and those files are necessary. Otherwise you will get an error message about Origin (ts4 is normally protected by origin, ea's answer to steam) or something about initialisation. In the link that The_gh0stm4n provided there is also a link inside it which is about this error. But here is the direct link to it.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#

By the way; pools are not a mod, but an official addon by EA. They added this afterwards and ever since then they continue to add content for free that was left out in the first place.
If you just carefully read the steps in the link that was given on how to install the sims 4 correctly, then you should have pools. Pools are normally found at building.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 21:24

Very Happy

Last edited by God'sKitten on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 21:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017, 14:30

Okay, so it's working now! Thank you everyone for your help!!! So I finally got the error message after I downloaded Origin so the anti-virus sounds like it was my problem. So once again thank you guys for taking the time to help me!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top