Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I reinstall Sims 4 with the G4TW torrent?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I reinstall Sims 4 with the G4TW torrent? Empty Should I reinstall Sims 4 with the G4TW torrent?

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 05:40

I installed Sims 4 via Tarac's method yesterday and it worked, but then I exited my game and by the time I came back, ZOrigin was down. I tried to use my old Sims 4 game from G4TW, but turns out I changed the folder name to 'The Sims 4 Pirated' too late and the files had already been overwritten, so I was no longer able to access them. (My game is open right now though.)

On the chance that ZOrigin is down again and my game isn't open but I really want to play, or this method no longer works, is it worth it for me to re-install Sims 4 but with the G4TW torrent all over again? I'd like to, but is it recommended or worth it?

Last edited by tgogel on Fri 12 May 2017, 17:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Should I reinstall Sims 4 with the G4TW torrent? Empty Re: Should I reinstall Sims 4 with the G4TW torrent?

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 09:42

Hello,

Here is what I suggest:

1. Try to set the game location in ZLOrigin to a different folder (in the settings).
  2. Rename the G4TW game folder to what it was before you changed it

That should have you both games running, at least if the servers are up (for ZLOrigin).

Back to top Go down

Should I reinstall Sims 4 with the G4TW torrent? Empty Re: Should I reinstall Sims 4 with the G4TW torrent?

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 17:45

Shamrock wrote:Hello,

Here is what I suggest:

1. Try to set the game location in ZLOrigin to a different folder (in the settings).
  2. Rename the G4TW game folder to what it was before you changed it

That should have you both games running, at least if the servers are up (for ZLOrigin).
Thank you for your help! I just happened to chance on this post in which Tarac said the whole cracked thing has to be re-installed? So I probably shouldn't do anything... risky, right?

(Not sure if it helps but the servers are down again for me. I kept putting off turning on my laptop because I was lazy, and according to the forums, the moment I did it they went down. I guess that's what I get for waiting too long.)

Edit: I realised I can't add links because I'm a new member. Or I forgot to permalink. I think it's both. Anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top