Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSA - DMCA notice downloading the G4TW Seasons torrent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSA - DMCA notice downloading the G4TW Seasons torrent Empty PSA - DMCA notice downloading the G4TW Seasons torrent

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2018, 15:41

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I thought I'd warn everyone that that torrent is being watched. I downloaded the Seasons expansion from the official G4TW downloads page and got a notice from Comcast immediately.

You should use a VPN to download this to avoid getting this notice. Comcast will definitely send you a notice, but other ISP's may take action as well, so be careful.

Back to top Go down

PSA - DMCA notice downloading the G4TW Seasons torrent Empty Re: PSA - DMCA notice downloading the G4TW Seasons torrent

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 05 Jul 2018, 18:53

eatcake09 wrote:Sorry if this has been posted already, but I thought I'd warn everyone that that torrent is being watched. I downloaded the Seasons expansion from the official G4TW downloads page and got a notice from Comcast immediately.

You should use a VPN to download this to avoid getting this notice. Comcast will definitely send you a notice, but other ISP's may take action as well, so be careful.

Hello @eatcake09 and sorry to hear about these issues,

However, there is (still) a direct download link on the Seasons-announcement. When we said in the announcement "we prepared a direct download (...) for those people for one reason or another cannot use the torrent", then the scenario you experienced is exactly what we meant with that - admittedly indirect - disclaimer.

We will attempt to be more direct about the issue in the future, but you yourself should also take the necessary precautions. Yes, a good VPN can help. But using those direct download links can also do the trick. If they happen to be hosted on GoogleDrive, see here how you can import the file to your own account:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33497-how-to-bypass-googledrive-s-too-many-users-have-viewed-or-downloaded-this-file-recently
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

PSA - DMCA notice downloading the G4TW Seasons torrent Empty Re: PSA - DMCA notice downloading the G4TW Seasons torrent

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2018, 19:30

Thank you @The_gh0stm4n! I will use the direct download next time. I have never had a problem with G4TW torrents before so I was not careful. I guess EA is being a little more pro-active recently.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top