Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Get Together after Parenthood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Get Together after Parenthood Empty Installing Get Together after Parenthood

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 00:14

Hello,

I am new to this forum but I have read the guide for installing The Sims 4 and still...I messed up a little. First, I downloaded and installed the base game and all the packs in the correct order but then, when I tried to play, I couldn't, because none of the worlds would load and I guess it was too much for my laptop. So, I deleted all the folders of the packs except for Parenthood. Now I am able to play the game, but I don't have anything except Parenthood. But that's a problem for me because I tend to use a great deal of custom content and most of the creators use Get Together for the lots (for example, the famous builders that post in youtube). 
My question is - If I download Get Together again and put the files in The Sims 4 folder - is my game going to work properly? I really don't want to install everything from the beginning ( it always takes me a whole day) and I want to have just Get Together and Parenthood (maybe plus Vampires but I think that will be too much for my computer...I don't know.) Also, if I copy my saved files and then, after re-installing, put them again - will they show up as before?

Back to top Go down

Installing Get Together after Parenthood Empty Re: Installing Get Together after Parenthood

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:39

I'm sorry to say that you'll have to re-install ALL DLC's again in the correct order.
Next time when you want to exclude packs open the file Game\Bin\RldOrigin.ini with note pad.
Exclude the unwanted packs by putting a semi-colon in front of the 3 lines for that pack

Installing Get Together after Parenthood Vampires-removed_orig

In the above example f.e. Vampires (132)

Installing Get Together after Parenthood Vampiers-verwijderd_1_orig

These packs will then be excluded from your game.
Should you later on still want these packs, simply remove the semi-colons.

Yes, your saved files will still be available, unless you used items from the excluded packs of course.

Back to top Go down

Installing Get Together after Parenthood Empty Re: Installing Get Together after Parenthood

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:30

Thank you for the help! I didn't know there was a way to do it that is safe for my game.
Today I tried something else that seems to work...sort of. I guessed that, since my game is updated, then if I only paste the EP02(Get Together) in the folder it will work. And it worked - the expansion appears although the loading screen freezes for a minute before the game starts. 
Then I thought - what if I try the same with Vampires? Since the Vampires folder name is GP04 and Parenthood is GP05 there wouldn't be a problem...but, although Parenthood is mainly in GP05 there still is a folder GP04 that is a part of its files and it's different from the GP04 of Vampires. I'm sure if I put Vampires something will go wrong so maybe I should wait to finish my current game(I'm playing a challenge) and then I will completely re-install everything and do as you said so I don't have problems. At least now I have Get Together...Hope it works well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:34

When your game is fully updated, it should be possible to just copy back the expansions.(again in the correct installation-order)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top