Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezing after installing Parenthood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezing after installing Parenthood  Empty Game freezing after installing Parenthood

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 03:56

I downloaded the base game, and all the expansions that you need to download Sims 4 parenthood, according to the installation guide. Before moving the parenthood folders in 'the Sims 4' folder. I changed the current 'Game' folder to 'Game_'. Then i moved the parenthood folders to sims 4 folder. (So now i got 'Game' and 'Game_') When I start my game i get the pop up screens of the information of all the new expansions. When I want to close the last one, my game freezes and I need to restart my computer.

I have downloaden all the sims 4 torrents in the right order, why is my game freezing? (I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but i haven't installed any update/patches/... just all the expasion torrents)

(+ before installing parenthood, when my last installed game was toddlers,vampires. I already got a pop up that said that the game wasn't registered with origins or something) before starting the game. I fixed that by just installing the next expansion (Parenthood) but now my game freezes...

Back to top Go down

Game freezing after installing Parenthood  Empty Re: Game freezing after installing Parenthood

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:37

Are you starting from Game and not from Game_ ?
Did you see a welcome screen for Parenthood ?

Back to top Go down

Game freezing after installing Parenthood  Empty Re: Game freezing after installing Parenthood

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:11

Yes i tried the to start the normal .exe and the x64.exe in Game. And my screen with the green sim thing loads perfectly. Then I get to the main menu where the New DLC information pops up where it explains what you get in the DLC. When I click the X in the right top corner to close that screen and go to main menu, my game freezes and I can't do anything on my pc anymore, I need to shut down my pc.

Now that I start my game again, after already trying to close the pop up screens, my game freezes on the loading screen with that green thingy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:24

I had this problem myself a couple of times. It has something to do with the Sims 4 folder in User\Documents\Electronic Arts.
Sometimes a new The Sims 4 folder (by calling the present one The Sims 4_old) will do the trick.
Sometimes you'll have to start the game without any EP's, GP's, SP's (in Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin, open the file RldOrigin.ini, just under the language section you see [ENT1]. The next line looks like CNT=138 (when you have all DLC's installed). Change that to CNT=0, save the file) now start your game again.

When it starts up OK, save the game again, set the value for CNT back to what it was and try to start the game.

Of course, when you use CC in your game that could also be the reason for non-starting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:46

I will try that in a second, I do see now that i suddenly have 2 'the sims 4' folders in my documents/electronic arts?? So what should i do with these 2 folders?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 13:14

Update. I changed the CNT to 0 and then the game woks perfectly. After saving the game I changed it back to what it was, then my game freezes again. Is it okay tot just leave it at 0?

Back to top Go down

Game freezing after installing Parenthood  Empty Is it possible to uninstall a previous expansion/stuff pack?

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:04

I installed the sims 4 base game and all the expansions up to Parenthood. But I was wondering if it is possible to uninstall 'bowling stuff' , 'city living' and 'vampires'?

I don't really want those expansions, and my game will have less stuff that i don't need. Is this possible? and how?

Back to top Go down

Game freezing after installing Parenthood  Empty Is it possible to uninstall a previous expansion/stuff pack?

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:13

I installed the sims 4 base game and all the expansions up to Parenthood. But I was wondering if it is possible to uninstall 'bowling stuff' , 'city living' and 'vampires'?

I don't really want those expansions, and my game will have less stuff that i don't need. Is this possible? and how?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:18

Hi @xOihane ,

Are you now starting the game with only one sims 4 folder or do you still have two? Our G4TW version can't uninstall DLCs but you can disable them so they won't appear in-game. You can read more about it from the link below:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

Other than that, an alternative is to use ZLOrigin, which to simply it, is basically the 'crack' version of Origin client. There, you can choose which DLC you want to download without installing everything.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple

Do update us here if you have any questions. While I can't personally answer anything regarding ZLOrigin, I'm sure Polarbear would be able to.

Good luck~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:24

@ageha I even suddenly got 3 folders haha. I had 2 folders. I played the game, and when i closed it i suddenly had 3 folders. But i changed the names of the 2 new folders (I'm afraid to delete them)

I will try to disable them with with the first link that you sent me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:28

IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Oh. All under Documents and all The Sims 4? If yes, then it's weird how the game is able to start 'normally'. Hahaha. If the folders are in a different language like Los Sims 4 or similar, then you can delete them. Provided your main in-game language is English.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:30

oh yes they were indeed in two different languages, and i know on which folder it works because i have mods in only 1 of them. So i just renamed the other 2 "to Sims 4 (new)" or something, I'll just delete them then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:34

Haha, good to know. If all three were the same then you might have some kind of miracle working game for it to work. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top