Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Offline’ ZLOrigin “Origin Not Running” problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

‘Offline’ ZLOrigin “Origin Not Running” problem Empty ‘Offline’ ZLOrigin “Origin Not Running” problem

Post by Guest Tue 21 Nov 2017, 18:33

Cheers to the team for these releases,

Saw a few posts about ZLOrigin offline capabilities. I recently just downloaded ZLOrigin and it works like a dream. Access to all DLC content: Easy. My only concern is that when I try the aforementioned procedure of placing the renamed cracked game folder within the “The Sims 4” folder after moving it out of Origin Games/EA/etc. it still shows ‘Origin Must Be Running’. 

Should I try keeping it in the Origin Games folder? Or maybe the download of the game crack folder messed up (if so what’s the file size and modify date originally)? Take note, I’ve installed everything and it worked after a ZLOrigin test run online. I also used the recent folder in the announcements page (1.36.104.1020).

Edit: Fixed exclusions when downloading and antivirus was off the whole time. No effect. Also tried moving it to desktop. No effect.

Back to top Go down

‘Offline’ ZLOrigin “Origin Not Running” problem Empty Re: ‘Offline’ ZLOrigin “Origin Not Running” problem

Post by Guest Tue 21 Nov 2017, 20:16

I run ZLOrigin all the time. I did not use the cracked folder, only ZLOrigin stuff. Lately that game runs in off line mode all by itself. I do not switch to offline mode. I noticed this when I by accident clicked on the Origin ( ZLORIGIN)thumbnail on the taskbar. All the games are greyed out and it states you are currently off line. Click here if you want to go online. So maybe they have changed that now???? I am happy.

Back to top Go down

‘Offline’ ZLOrigin “Origin Not Running” problem Empty Re: ‘Offline’ ZLOrigin “Origin Not Running” problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Nov 2017, 21:09

FranksDead wrote:Cheers to the team for these releases,

Saw a few posts about ZLOrigin offline capabilities. I recently just downloaded ZLOrigin and it works like a dream. Access to all DLC content: Easy. My only concern is that when I try the aforementioned procedure of placing the renamed cracked game folder within the “The Sims 4” folder after moving it out of Origin Games/EA/etc. it still shows ‘Origin Must Be Running’. 

Should I try keeping it in the Origin Games folder? Or maybe the download of the game crack folder messed up (if so what’s the file size and modify date originally)? Take note, I’ve installed everything and it worked after a ZLOrigin test run online. I also used the recent folder in the announcements page (1.36.104.1020).

Edit: Fixed exclusions when downloading and antivirus was off the whole time. No effect. Also tried moving it to desktop. No effect.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @FranksDead,

What is your (third-party) antivirus program? Keep in mind that many of these commercial mainstream programs don't actually accept user input about exclusions or other things. Or, they make it very difficult to change options, for example by using a complex-looking options menu.

That said, the main reason people want to play their zlOrigin "offline", is because they would not have to log into the zlOrigin servers again (as long as they use the cracked folder). You can perfectly play through zlOrigin, and for some people this is the preferred method exactly because they have a difficult-to-use antivirus program.

So, did you consider using zlOrigin "as is", without using the cracked folder?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Nov 2017, 07:00

My antivirus is Malwarebytes and Avast Antivirus. I've stopped Malwarebytes on start up and disable the shields on Avast while following the whole procedure. Also just to state, Win. Def. been off too ever since.

Problem about uing ZL Origin is that my WiFi goes down pretty often. Whethe it be the provider or the old router we have, IDK. This with the constant crashing I'm trying to adjust RN by changing expansions/stuff, it basically locks me out without that connection.

I'm just looking for an alternative so that I can play the game for at least an hour for now without having to worry about being shut down by my own internet. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Nov 2017, 14:59

FranksDead wrote:My antivirus is Malwarebytes and Avast Antivirus. I've stopped Malwarebytes on start up and disable the shields on Avast while following the whole procedure. Also just to state, Win. Def. been off too ever since.

Problem about uing ZL Origin is that my WiFi goes down pretty often. Whethe it be the provider or the old router we have, IDK. This with the constant crashing I'm trying to adjust RN by changing expansions/stuff, it basically locks me out without that connection.

I'm just looking for an alternative so that I can play the game for at least an hour for now without having to worry about being shut down by my own internet. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

When you have 64-bits windows, try to start the Sims 4 via TS4_x64.exe from the folder Game_cracked. That seems te be less prone to AV attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Nov 2017, 06:31

Vista is only 32bit. I'm going to try to remove Avast completely again and see what happens. Avast always auto starts and can't be shut down so maybe that's why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Nov 2017, 20:39

FranksDead wrote:Vista is only 32bit. I'm going to try to remove Avast completely again and see what happens. Avast always auto starts and can't be shut down so maybe that's why.

Vista should be very similar to Windows 7 though; have you considered/tried already turning off Windows Defender completely? It is described in the guide here, how: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

The guide focuses on Windows 7, but I think it should be applicable to Vista as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top