Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED] Empty I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 07:38

Hi, I am an idiot and need some idiot proof instructions please.
I'll explain what I mean:
I am following instructions on the Sims 3 "read me" page and I got no error when installing The Sims 3 or The Sims 3 Pets.
Does that mean I don't have to follow step 2?
  "2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)"
And if I use the "ultimate fix", which of the shortcuts on my desktop do I click to open the game? The Sims 3 or The Sims 3 Pets?

Please help as I am hopeless

Back to top Go down

I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 07:55

Hello,

Are you a Mac user?

Back to top Go down

I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:16

No, its a PC..Windows 7, 32 bit. 4gig Ram.

Back to top Go down

I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED] Empty Error Pic

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:21

This is the error I get after installing The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets, to the letter of the installation notes I have. This happens when I try and start the game:

I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED] The_si12

https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/18/51/94/88/the_si12.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:49

Oh and in the instructions to install The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets..It says "4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder."
I have no folder that says "(x86)". Why would it say that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 09:12

The (x86) part is for the 32bit programs instaled in a 64bit OS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 07:39

I uninstalled the Sims 3 and expansion and tried to reinstall following the steps VERY carefully. NOW I get this pop up, (see pic), and it won't start Sad

I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED] The_si13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:23

Even if you click 'Continue'?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 14 Sep 2013, 04:21

Hello,

Please apply the manual patch of 1.57 again. Afterwards, download the latest Ultimate Fix and drag and drop the content of the folder "#crack" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Also check if there are any mods/CC. Remove them before patching and applying the #crack.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 06:58

Hi and thanx for the replies..I didn't try the "continue" just in case it wrecked program.
I have just reinstalled everything again. I saw that I didn't follow the instructions to the exact specifications. In the Ultimate Fix installation guide, I did instructions in this order: 11 then 10 then 12 and 13. I did it in the right order this time.

I just tried to run it again and I get a pop up saying "New Store Content Available..There is a new patch for your Sims 3 Store content. Would you like to download the latest patch?". There is a "See patch notes", which is here: http://www.thesims3.com/store/patches/-1883702169
Should I hit Yes or No or Later?

Thanx
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 14 Sep 2013, 06:59

Hello,

You decide. It's optional and won't do any harm to your game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 07:02

Thank you Cat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 14 Sep 2013, 07:11

FleurLaFleur wrote:Thank you Cat Smile
Hello,

Is your problem solved?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 14:39

Thank you Shamrock..I hit the "continue" and it kind of threw a tantrum but then it came good and works.
Cheers
Fleur

//EDIT

Yes it is..thank you for all your help Cat I need idiot proof instructions for The Sims 3 Installation please. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 14 Sep 2013, 14:44

Hello,

Usually this error either means you have done something wrong during cracking and patching process, or you have outdated/conflicting mods. You can do the following to make the error vanish:
(1) Reapply the manual patch 1.57.
(2) Drag and drop (redo it again) the content of the folder #crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

The error should be gone now. Also check if you have the mods that are outdated/conflicted with other mods. You can use Delphy's Dashboard to check.

The reason why I still insist fixing this is that you may experience crashes in-game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 00:52

Yes. When I was young (a long long long time ago Wink ) I had this error, and I played with "Continue" for quite a while. Updating it and applying the Ultimate Fix again did the trick though... Worth a shot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 02:04

Ohh..OK thank you Cat and Shamrock..I will try the reinstall of that.
How do I use Delphy's Dashboard, or where do I find it please?

Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 02:05

Oh..I found Delphy's Dashboard..going to go try them both.
Thank you again. I'll let you know how I go Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 05:48

Well..I did all I can do and I still get that dang "unofficial game installation".
I actually followed the Extreme Fix tutorial video this time and it made no difference Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 06:03

BTW I have the base game and the expansion Pets.
On the tutorial video for the extreme fix, from the unziped folder, it shows that you have to place the base game TSLHost.dll and TS3.exe into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and the from your expansion folder, (All expansion packs released after and including Generations), the TSLHost.dll and the TS3W.exe into the same location..then update..then the place the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll from the #Crack folder into the same place.
Is this 100% correct?
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 06:17

FleurLaFleur wrote:Well..I did all I can do and I still get that dang "unofficial game installation".
I actually followed the Extreme Fix tutorial video this time and it made no difference Sad
Erm~ Just trying to help...
Is it you get all your sims file from G4TW ?
Have you try with drag out all your custom content including Mods?
Make sure the crack you move is in the right place ,feel it is little tricky after i done it, but it works~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 06:30

Thank you zzshin..Yes I have only gotten the files from G4TW..Yes I put all the contents in the right place.
I haven't tried dragging out all the mods yet. I'm about to do that now as I can't get the manual update to do anything. It just hangs there thinking when I double click it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 07:32

OK I am currently reinstalling The Sims 3 and Pets.
As for the Ultimate Fix:
  I have watched the video tutorial and it says to move the base game crack into the base game directory, as well as the expansion into its correct directory.
  The written tutorial that comes with the Ultimate Fix doesn't say anything about putting the base game cracks into the base game directory, only the expansion into its correct directory.
  Which one is correct..the video tutorial or the written tutorial?
I dare not install the cracks till I know which is correct for fear of getting the errors again and again.
Please help. 
FleurLaFleur

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 15 Sep 2013, 09:34

FleurLaFleur wrote:OK I am currently reinstalling The Sims 3 and Pets.
As for the Ultimate Fix:
  I have watched the video tutorial and it says to move the base game crack into the base game directory, as well as the expansion into its correct directory.
  The written tutorial that comes with the Ultimate Fix doesn't say anything about putting the base game cracks into the base game directory, only the expansion into its correct directory.
  Which one is correct..the video tutorial or the written tutorial?
I dare not install the cracks till I know which is correct for fear of getting the errors again and again.
Please help. 
FleurLaFleur
Hello,

In this case, you only need the folder "#crack" in the Ultimate Fix. Simply drag and drop the content of this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the existing files. You don't need other folders/files. You only need the #crack.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:09

Ok thank you again Cat..I'll try that and let you know if it worked.
To be 100% clear..I don't need the contents of the "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder at all before installing the update? Even if I have more than 1 expansion in the list of expansions compatible with the folder "All expansion packs released after and including Generations"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top