Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! Empty Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 06:09

Been running sims 4 with wineskin fine up until I installed the latest Get Famous expansion!

I've seen a few other people with the same issues on the main post for the update but thought I'd open up a new post specifically about this issue for everyone to add their 2 cents...
Also tried running the vcrun2015 winetrick as someone else mentioned but didn't have any luck 

Basically the game starts up for a minute or so but crashes soon after displaying The Sims 4 'title page' I guess you would call it?

I'm not the most tech savvy person so anyone's help or input would be much appreciated! Carlos is tha man!!!

I'll include my test run logs below!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! Empty Re: Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 08:32

I've just seen on another site someone said

"it seems the developer add a new python functions in this update which force us to update a custom engine plus add & remove some libraries to help the game run."

They've got the whole game plus a wine engine available to download but haven't provided the engine and changes seperately, so if no one elsie can fgure this out soon I might just have to re-download the whole game with all add-ons from them even though it'll probably take days  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Sometimes I think it'd just be easier to buy a windows computer instead

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! Empty Re: Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 12:59

sweatysook wrote:I've just seen on another site someone said

"it seems the developer add a new python functions in this update which force us to update a custom engine plus add & remove some libraries to help the game run."

They've got the whole game plus a wine engine available to download but haven't provided the engine and changes seperately, so if no one elsie can fgure this out soon I might just have to re-download the whole game with all add-ons from them even though it'll probably take days  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Hello there! This information is actually very helpful, thanks for sharing.
I'm gonna try and find the engine in question. If anything comes up, i'll be sure to share!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:11

Hi, I am having the same problem, I am pretty tech savvy and I am willing to try to make those wrapper changes for everyone based on how long it will take. May I ask where I can find "this other site" and the thread you were talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:24

animeker wrote:

Hi, I am having the same problem, I am pretty tech savvy and I am willing to try to make those wrapper changes for everyone based on how long it will take. May I ask where I can find "this other site" and the thread you were talking about.

I've found something on the same lines on nmac.to, on the get famous post, after a google search. Perhaps it's the same site...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:28

sweatysook wrote:(...) Sometimes I think it'd just be easier to buy a windows computer instead

What about this Bootcamp-thing that many people used "back then", where they installed a Windows system on a secondary hard-drive partition? Is this still a thing today?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 19:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
sweatysook wrote:(...) Sometimes I think it'd just be easier to buy a windows computer instead

What about this Bootcamp-thing that many people used "back then", where they installed a Windows system on a secondary hard-drive partition? Is this still a thing today?
Partitioning your Mac is a short term solution. It slows it down and kills the mac faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 21:18

imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:

I've found something on the same lines on nmac.to, on the get famous post, after a google search. Perhaps it's the same site...
Did the post look like this:Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! 3Da4uPE

this is a link to imgur^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 21:22

imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:

sorry seems like it didn't load the link: https://imgur.com/a/3Da4uPE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 21:52

animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:

Yes! that's the one! i saw it in the comment section

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 23:27

imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:

I found the comment. Either way it seems like a new wrapper needs to be created to do this. I am thinking of just downloading it from there... it's just that one would need to download the WHOLE game again.... maybe I can backup my saves and stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 23:32

I deleted the picture of the post I made for anyone looking for the link the title of the post on nmac.to is:
THE SIMS 4: Get Famous 1.47.49.1020 + ALL DLC – Popular simulation game (WineSkin)
You can also find it by just searching "get famous" on the site

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 23:36

animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:

sorry seems like it didn't load the link: x
I found the comment. Either way it seems like a new wrapper needs to be created to do this. I am thinking of just downloading it from there... it's just that one would need to download the WHOLE game again.... maybe I can backup my saves and stuff.
Yeah that's the site I saw it on, I wasn't too sure if there were rules about mentioning other sites on here, I'm new to posting here
I asked them if they'd upload the new engine only but they haven't replied so I don't like our chances
I'm attempting to download the whole game through them as well, my only issue is that it's literally going to take days to download because of slow internet speeds and a lack of seeds. Having access to the new engine would just save so so so much time
Also, I think your saves will be backed up just fine, they should all be located in your Mac's files.. documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Saves ... which shouldn't change with the new game I think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 00:01

Hello, 
Thank you for doing all of this for us.
I also downloaded the game and update without the wrapper and it took me 2 days, wish I could do this again but I'm sharing internet with other people and they hated me for that one night of download.
I'd be very grateful if you end up downloading it and uploading the wrapper, if you don't, I'll try doing it, It might take me a few days though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 00:13

sweatysook wrote:
animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:

Yeah that's the site I saw it on, I wasn't too sure if there were rules about mentioning other sites on here, I'm new to posting here
I asked them if they'd upload the new engine only but they haven't replied so I don't like our chances
I'm attempting to download the whole game through them as well, my only issue is that it's literally going to take days to download because of slow internet speeds and a lack of seeds. Having access to the new engine would just save so so so much time
Also, I think your saves will be backed up just fine, they should all be located in your Mac's files.. documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Saves ... which shouldn't change with the new game I think
Yes, there should be no problem with your files. I was thinking of doing the same, but it seems that people are having the same problem either way, so i'm not sure about what to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 00:18

imcc wrote:
sweatysook wrote:
animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:
imcc wrote:
animeker wrote:

Yes, there should be no problem with your files. I was thinking of doing the same, but it seems that people are having the same problem either way, so i'm not sure about what to do
I also saw that people were having the same problem, but most of those users seem to have a problem with Mojave resulting in that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 04:25

There's a small change that has to be made on the wrapper that runs the game for it to work with "Get Famous". EA updated the Python version of the game and that caused the error many people are having it.

For newer OS (not Mojave):

1) install the following dependecies via winetricks:

vcrun2012
vcrun2013

2) open config utility on wine tool and add this line " api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0", click edit and make it native (see image bellow)

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! Qy8w9Em

3) set screen options like the image bellow if you're on high sierra; sierra and bellow just leave the screen options alone.

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! OM1U3GH

4) move the Eletronic Arts Folder out of the Documents Folder for now and let the game create a new one. After you can copy your save, tray and mods to the new folder. 

If people need a more detailed tuto or a wrapper that works with "Get Famous" let me know and I'll provide it in the next couple of days.

Cheers!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 05:47

User09 wrote:There's a small change that has to be made on the wrapper that runs the game for it to work with "Get Famous". EA updated the Python version of the game and that caused the error many people are having it.

vcrun2012
vcrun2013

2) open config utility on wine tool and add this line " api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0", click edit and make it native (see image bellow)

3) set screen options like the image bellow if you're on high sierra; sierra and bellow just leave the screen options alone.

4) move the Eletronic Arts Folder out of the Documents Folder for now and let the game create a new one. After you can copy your save, tray and mods to the new folder. 

If people need a more detailed tuto or a wrapper that works with "Get Famous" let me know and I'll provide it in the next couple of days.

Cheers!!
I did exactly as you said and The game is working perfectly!!! Thank you soooo much! The only thing I haven't done yet is replace my sims 4 folder, my save had soo many mods that I don't know if I'm ready to see my sims without them haha. Playing the base game with Get  Famous allows me to explore the new pack though. THANK YOU!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 06:59

User09 wrote:There's a small change that has to be made on the wrapper that runs the game for it to work with "Get Famous". EA updated the Python version of the game and that caused the error many people are having it.

vcrun2012
vcrun2013

Cheers!!

I’m running Mojave so I understand this might not work for me but I tried anyway, I managed to install the vcrun’s but for some reason whenever I try and open the config utility it just doesn’t ever load up and I end up having to force exit wine and try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 10:42

vcrun2012
vcrun2013

Cheers!!

THANK YOU! It's true: not all heroes wear capes! 
It runs smooth so far... Thank you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:28

sweatysook wrote:

vcrun2012
vcrun2013

Cheers!!

I’m running Mojave so I understand this might not work for me but I tried anyway, I managed to install the vcrun’s but for some reason whenever I try and open the config utility it just doesn’t ever load up and I end up having to force exit wine and try again
Hello,
thank you for doing all this, I'm running Mojave too but I also tried anyway, in case it would work. I was able to open the config utility and followed the steps but it did not work...

If you have a moment, could you explain to us what to do for the ones running on Mojave?

Thanks again for doing all of this for us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 22:52

OMG WHY DID I UPDATE TO STUPID MOJAVE - SO NOT WORTH IT. 
Well I'm so happy people are working on it - thanks for everyone who is putting in effort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 23:55

For those of you on Mojave, what kind of error do you get when you try to run the game after the instructions I wrote above?

Copy/paste the error or a screenshot, let's see if I can fix this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 01:04

New wine wrapper and engine for "Get Famous" here: https://openload.co/f/PBvI7fT7Jpw/Newest_Wrapper_for_TS4.zip

Instructions for placing your game inside the wrapper are still the same and can be viewed here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch

This update wrapper and engine should work on Mojave. Just make sure your mac is not stopping the game launch because of mac gatekeeper. You can google "How to Disable Gatekeeper" if that's what's stopping the game.

If this does not work for you after following all the steps, please copy/paste the error or an image so I can see it.

Good luck guy and enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 01:20

User09 wrote:New wine wrapper and engine for "Get Famous" here: https://openload.co/f/PBvI7fT7Jpw/Newest_Wrapper_for_TS4.zip

Instructions for placing your game inside the wrapper are still the same and can be viewed here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch

This update wrapper and engine should work on Mojave. Just make sure your mac is not stopping the game launch because of mac gatekeeper. You can google "How to Disable Gatekeeper" if that's what's stopping the game.

If this does not work for you after following all the steps, please copy/paste the error or an image so I can see it.

Good luck guy and enjoy

Thank you so much! Would you mind explaining what it is exactly that you've changed? Or is it very complicated? Just so that I can also try to implement it into Crossover. 

Since I'm on the newest IOS, the option for adding the library file didn't work for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top