Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! - Page 3 Empty Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 06:09

First topic message reminder :

Been running sims 4 with wineskin fine up until I installed the latest Get Famous expansion!

I've seen a few other people with the same issues on the main post for the update but thought I'd open up a new post specifically about this issue for everyone to add their 2 cents...
Also tried running the vcrun2015 winetrick as someone else mentioned but didn't have any luck 

Basically the game starts up for a minute or so but crashes soon after displaying The Sims 4 'title page' I guess you would call it?

I'm not the most tech savvy person so anyone's help or input would be much appreciated! Carlos is tha man!!!

I'll include my test run logs below!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 19:47

User09 wrote:There's a small change that has to be made on the wrapper that runs the game for it to work with "Get Famous". EA updated the Python version of the game and that caused the error many people are having it.

For newer OS (not Mojave):

1) install the following dependecies via winetricks:

vcrun2012
vcrun2013

2) open config utility on wine tool and add this line " api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0", click edit and make it native (see image bellow)

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! - Page 3 Qy8w9Em

3) set screen options like the image bellow if you're on high sierra; sierra and bellow just leave the screen options alone.

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! - Page 3 OM1U3GH

4) move the Eletronic Arts Folder out of the Documents Folder for now and let the game create a new one. After you can copy your save, tray and mods to the new folder. 

If people need a more detailed tuto or a wrapper that works with "Get Famous" let me know and I'll provide it in the next couple of days.

Cheers!!

So, a late update to making this work with the newest DLC (Get Famous) with the newest patch (1.49.65.1020) on Crossover on Mojave.

The method mentioned in the quote now works perfectly well with Crossover 18.1
Just make sure that the Visual C++ libraries are installed and that you set the "api-ms-win-core-path-|1-1-0" in the config utility and set it to native (windows).
If you set it to anything else, like the default, native then builtin then it won't work.

I haven't played too much yet so I can't say if there are no infinite load screens but I haven't encountered any as of yet.

Happy simming everyone~

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!!

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2019, 13:14

User09 wrote:New wine wrapper and engine for "Get Famous" here: https://openload.co/f/PBvI7fT7Jpw/Newest_Wrapper_for_TS4.zip

Instructions for placing your game inside the wrapper are still the same and can be viewed here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch

This update wrapper and engine should work on Mojave. Just make sure your mac is not stopping the game launch because of mac gatekeeper. You can google "How to Disable Gatekeeper" if that's what's stopping the game.

If this does not work for you after following all the steps, please copy/paste the error or an image so I can see it.

Good luck guy and enjoy

Would you mind posting the wrapper again? The link says "file not found."

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Apr 2019, 19:06

SirenOfTheSkies wrote:

Would you mind posting the wrapper again? The link says "file not found."

Have you tried the links from this topic, too?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-get-famous
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2019, 03:44

Please please please make a wrapper for Island living/the new patch  Why God. Why God.
I have downloaded the Get Famous one and updated my game to Island living, game starts up fine but once I get to cas it won't load and I'm stuck until I decide to restart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2019, 23:22

That's has nothing to do with the wrapper, most likely you have a broken MOD that's crashing CAS. Try running your game clean (no mods or CC) and see if the problem remains.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 00:03

diobeh wrote:Please please please make a wrapper for Island living/the new patch  Why God. Why God.
I have downloaded the Get Famous one and updated my game to Island living, game starts up fine but once I get to cas it won't load and I'm stuck until I decide to restart.

Hello there! Have you ever managed to fix that issue?
I've downloaded Realm Of Magic, installed as usual. It runs but every time i enter CAS, i am stuck... No buttons show in the right corner below and i can't exit...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 01:48

imcc wrote:Hello there! Have you ever managed to fix that issue?
I've downloaded Realm Of Magic, installed as usual. It runs but every time i enter CAS, i am stuck... No buttons show in the right corner below and i can't exit...

Are you using any mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 21:48

Hey there! I was running CC but at the first launch i've notice the error and tried again running clean. It was actually a dumb mistake upon installation. Instead of replacing the files in the delta folder, i've replaced the folder by accident and didn't noticed, so i was missing some ep files.. 
Took me a few hours but all is good and running amazing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2019, 17:41

Glad you found the problem! Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019, 00:11

Ok, I feel like a newb, but I've done everything I could possibly think of, and combed through this thread what seems like 100 time. I've gotten my wrapper to work to the point where if I click on it, it will load up to a black screen. I haven't seen anyone post about this here, so I'm asking for help on the issue. Does anyone know a way to fix this? I feel like I'm so close. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2019, 03:11

So I get this message when I open sims. Saying I have insufficient memory. I can still continue and creat a sim and all that. So what exactly does that mean? And can I do anything about it? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2019, 19:42

What's the windows version your wrapper is running? If anything below 7 it can give you a pop up with that message, but only the first time you run the game or after an update. Change it to 7 and it should solve it.

It's only the game thinking something is off and warning the user.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2019, 12:13

Ah ok yeah I’ll check it out thanks! Smile I’ve got another issue, there are times when the game will get stuck on camera mode. Just before I’m scout to take a picture of a sim. It’ll get stuck and nothing but force quitting the app will work. What do you think that’s about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 02:56

I have never heard of this error before. Do you play full screen or windowed? If you play full screen you can try playing windowed and see if that happens. That's the only thing I can suggest.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 21:29

Hello to everyone,

So I've changed to Mac a few months ago and I'm finally craving for the sims to an extent where I'm hitting my head against the wall trying to figure out how to play it. Anyways, downloaded wineskin, started following the steps provided by User09. By step 6, I double-clicked on the Wineskin -the red square icon inside "The Sims 4" wrapper-  and I received this . Any ideas?Sims 4 Not Working After Get Famous Update!! - Page 3 Aa4909bb-4e03-4354-8b02-7e9f367ec255

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top