Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game won't start after Get Famous and 1.47.51 update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't start after Get Famous and 1.47.51 update. [SOLVED] Empty Game won't start after Get Famous and 1.47.51 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018, 22:21

Ok so I only post on here as a last resort after scouring the forums and trying everything.
After installing Get Famous and applying the latest update, the game won't start. I get the Program Error box pop up when I start the game and then it has to close.

I've reinstalled everything from scratch starting with a fresh new game - no mods, saves or tray files, fresh default settings etc, and I've used the validator and deleted any unknown files, leaving me with a clean validator result with no missing/unknown files.... and yet I still can't start the game.
What else can I do at this stage? What the hell is going on ?

report:

Back to top Go down

Game won't start after Get Famous and 1.47.51 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game won't start after Get Famous and 1.47.51 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018, 22:23

What does the error message say? BTW there's update 1.48.94.1020: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34601-the-sims-4-update-version-1-48-94-1020-out-now

Back to top Go down

Game won't start after Get Famous and 1.47.51 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game won't start after Get Famous and 1.47.51 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018, 22:29

Its the "The program TS4.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close" one.
Btw I'm using Wineskin to run it on my Mac. But i've never had any problems with Wine and expansion packs in the past.

Oh I didn't realise there was another update. Thanks for the link. I'll apply it now and hope it'll magically fix it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018, 22:32

Mac section is here: https://www.games4theworld.club/c7-mac-os-section

And I think this will solve your problem: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-get-famous

Gatekeeper Edit: topic has been moved to "Mac OS Support".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 18:52

Thanks for the help.
I followed the instructions for the new wrapper but when I get to Step 6 and try to open it I get the following error:

"Error while writing file: The folder "exec3291980620.bat" doesn't exist"

(I'm unable to attach screenshots here even though they're under the max size  Shocked )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 23:55

Did you download the new wrapper that's available at the end of the instructions on the link above? The old wrapper is no longer compatible with the game after Get Famous and that's the reason you're getting this error message.

Just download the new wrapper from one of the links at the bottom of the page (https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-get-famous#), follow the instructions and it will work.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 21:57

Sorry to be annoying again.

Yes, I downloaded and used the new wrapper when I did it.
I tried again a got a little bit closer. This time instead of putting it in my Applications, I put it on my desktop (same place I have the old one).

But now when I try open it, it says "Verifying The Sims 4".. and it gets stuck about three quarters way though.

Any ideas how to get passed this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 22:38

laurenmcd wrote:Sorry to be annoying again.

Yes, I downloaded and used the new wrapper when I did it.
I tried again a got a little bit closer. This time instead of putting it in my Applications, I put it on my desktop (same place I have the old one).

But now when I try open it, it says "Verifying The Sims 4".. and it gets stuck about three quarters way though.

Any ideas how to get passed this?

EDIT: Ok It gets stuck on "Verifying The Sims 4" and then after about 5 mins of this it will say " "The Sims 4" is damaged and can't be opened You should move it to the Trash"
Seems to a Mac problem maybe. Googled it and came across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maqCGsUj3bo but unfortunately it still doesn't solve the "verifying" problem for me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 22:41

Ok sorry for spamming, but that actually did work! Problem solved doing what it says to do in that video.

Thanks again for help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2019, 07:56

laurenmcd wrote:Ok sorry for spamming, but that actually did work! Problem solved doing what it says to do in that video.

Thanks again for help Smile

I didn't watch the video, but this error is cause by the gatekeeper in sierra os and above. On the link posted with the wrapper there's a notice towards the end about it. For future reference if someone stumbles here with the "damaged file" message, google "how to disable gatekeeper" and it should be very simple to fix.

Glad you got it working. Smile

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top