Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running".

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running". Empty Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running".

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2019, 00:19

I downloaded the G4TW version of The Sims 3 with individual installers (because I wanted only specific expansions) and I keep getting this message when trying to close the launcher. The uploading process is running. Do you want to cancel this process and exit the application?

I never had this message before. I had attempted to fix it by deleting the Sims3Logs file which had temporarily fixed it, but it's back again and I don't know why it's doing this.

Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running". Upload10

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running". Empty Re: Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running".

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Nov 2019, 00:48

Summerbear5 wrote:I downloaded the G4TW version of The Sims 3 with individual installers (because I wanted only specific expansions) and I keep getting this message when trying to close the launcher. The uploading process is running. Do you want to cancel this process and exit the application?

I never had this message before. I had attempted to fix it by deleting the Sims3Logs file which had temporarily fixed it, but it's back again and I don't know why it's doing this.

Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running". Upload10

Hello,

This is a (very) rare bug with the Sims 3 launcher. Best advice I can give here is to open the task manager (CTRL + ALT + DELETE) and then searching for the Sims 3 launcher there. You can look under the "Processes" tab, I guess it's called there simply "Sims 3 Launcher", then right-click => End task. Or you can try looking under the tab "Details" and for "Sims3LauncherW.exe" there. Terminate the process in the same way by right-clicking => End task.

I don't know what triggers that bug, but I would advise not to use the actual launcher for starting the game. In fact, the only time you should ever start up the launcher is if you need to (re-) install worlds. All other .sims3pack files can be installed with CC Magic, and the game can also be started directly with the TS3W.exe under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Just one question though: I assume you did apply that 1.67 super-patch, already?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running". Empty Re: Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running".

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2019, 00:57

Yes I applied that patch, if that is the one that was included in the folder. which I can see is. 1.67.2.0240xx

I ended up changing the file permissions for Sims3Logs and Sims3LauncherLogFile to disable read and it's fixed now. Hopefully permanently this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Nov 2019, 01:44

Summerbear5 wrote:Yes I applied that patch, if that is the one that was included in the folder. which I can see is. 1.67.2.0240xx

I ended up changing the file permissions for Sims3Logs and Sims3LauncherLogFile to disable read and it's fixed now. Hopefully permanently this time.

I would not have thought about that possibility; thanks for sharing! I'll leave the topic open in case anybody else can give further input there. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:27

i had this problem before. if you had capture a screenshot or a video accidentally in game, it will tried to upload it whenever you open launcher and have internet connection. Deleting the picture and video did stop it for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Nov 2019, 15:45

GiGaGiGi wrote:i had this problem before. if you had capture a screenshot or a video accidentally in game, it will tried to upload it whenever you open launcher and have internet connection. Deleting the picture and video did stop it for me.

Is that a default option in The Sims 3, a.k.a. is there a way to turn this off, if that's a thing? Because I've never noticed that.

Do you have to be "logged in" maybe, for that function to be activated?

Sims 3 Launcher: "the uploading process is running". ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F0PWYuOg
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2019, 14:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Is that a default option in The Sims 3, a.k.a. is there a way to turn this off, if that's a thing? Because I've never noticed that.

Do you have to be "logged in" maybe, for that function to be activated?

No. I didn't log in for the launcher and in game as I used your installer. probably it is default. and i don't know how to turn it off. probably block on firewall will help. i never tried it yet.

//EDIT

ok. scratch that. seems like the launcher is adamant to upload something after you open it. even after deleting the content you make in game. and i believe it wasnt have something to do with accidental video or screenshot. blocking it with firewall didn't do anything.

and i was right after searching around. it was a bug when 1.67 patch came up. the launcher will try to upload even when you are offline. 

What summerbear did was the fixed for me top. even after open and closing the launcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Nov 2019, 15:12

Cool! I will move this to "The Sims 3 Tips & Tricks". Thanks again for sharing @Summerbear5 Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top