Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Version 1.67 already installed" Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Version 1.67 already installed" Error Empty "Version 1.67 already installed" Error

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2019, 15:24

So I know this is probably a cry in the dark since I'm working on a Mac.

I ran into a minor issue getting the launcher to start, and thought I could just uninstall and reinstall the game to see if something happened while I was installing the first time. I'm 99% sure I deleted all the files in My Documents and in Wine's "drive_c", and when I search for files with "Sims" nothing comes up but the .rar and opened .rar folder with all the installation instructions, etc.

However, when I try to run Sims3setup.exe the installer the wizard pops up and says, "version 1.67.002 is already installed. You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."

"Version 1.67 already installed" Error Screen10

Is there something I'm missing? Thank you for any help.

Back to top Go down

"Version 1.67 already installed" Error Empty Re: "Version 1.67 already installed" Error

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2019, 16:11

Where did you get this version of TS3 for Mac? It's very strange that you're running the game on a wine wrapper since the game version for mac os already has its own "wrapper" so to speak, called Cider.

Strange error. What OS version are you on?

I advice getting the mac version instead of trying to run the PC one on wine.

Back to top Go down

"Version 1.67 already installed" Error Empty Re: "Version 1.67 already installed" Error

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2019, 16:24

I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection from the G4TW website--I don't know if there's a Mac version? I followed all the instructions that came with it.

I'm on OS 13.6

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Dec 2019, 00:57

SMMR22 wrote:I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection from the G4TW website--I don't know if there's a Mac version? I followed all the instructions that came with it.

I'm on OS 13.6

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @SMMR22,

The best I can offer in terms of help is something that the old Admin wrote, somewhere ... let me see if I can find it again. Yes, it's still on the old website here:
https://games4theworld.org/Guides/The_Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

If you haven't seen that guide already, that is.

I'm not really able to comment on technicalities within this guide; so you'd have to ask @User09 for further help, if that is even possible in that case. The guide was written by the old Admin many years ago, and he had some help from the old Mac Helpers/Moderators on here. Who have long left the Forum, so...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top