Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please provide feedback on our services!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please provide feedback on our services! Empty Please provide feedback on our services!

Post by Admin Fri 17 Aug 2012, 23:14

Dear downloaders/members,

You now post ALL your suggestions regarding Games4theworld Downloads in this topic.
This is just temporary, as I want to see what you'd like to change/improve. Please do not request games/programs here, these posts will be removed immediately.

Give any kind of feedback here and, if necessary, we'll reply to it! Thank you!  Please provide feedback on our services! 294340757

Mod edit: as of 15-02-2016, I have un-stickied this post, as it has becoem de-facto obsolete. Feel free to post any suggestions in our special Suggestions-subforum. Thank you very much for your attention and we apologize for any inconveniences. Smile  I will also lock this topic now.

- Carlos

Last edited by Admin on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 22:49; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Please provide feedback on our services! Empty Re: Please provide feedback on our services!

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 00:51

I actually think this is better!
It's a bit useless to create a new topic for just a line of requesting a game.

Well done Razz

Back to top Go down

Please provide feedback on our services! Empty Re: Please provide feedback on our services!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 18 Aug 2012, 07:59

Stann700 wrote:I actually think this is better!
It's a bit useless to create a new topic for just a line of requesting a game.

Well done Razz

Except it's not for requesting games and software Razz Laughing
Anything you'd like to criticize or applaud goes here, as well as suggestions for even better support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:24

The thing that comes to mind right away for me is how kind & helpful you are! I thank you for going out of your way to help a noob like me. It means more than I can say. That's my feedback. Smile
As to suggestions, I don't have any at the moment. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 22:32

I can't think of anything else besides awesome. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sun 19 Aug 2012, 00:00

Perhaps a timetable for online times for a member of staff to talk to people? Just like guidelines reminding people, the staff have lives...Very Happy
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Aug 2012, 00:05

Best Site Ever Surprised Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Aug 2012, 06:18

I love how fast ya'll are to helping problems. Anytime that a friend needs help with their sims games or any tech, I send them straight here. I know that ya'll might not know the problem to every thing, but more often than not, you do. So I want to thank you for all that ya'll do when it comes to us needing help, and getting the newest sims 3 downloads in merely days after they are released.

I have one suggestion, nothing really big or meaningful. I would like to see different themes though. I've been on this site for nearly a year and it's been the same gray color. Like I said, it's nothing big, but just something.. refreshing.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 19 Aug 2012, 07:53

Layloria wrote:Perhaps a timetable for online times for a member of staff to talk to people? Just like guidelines reminding people, the staff have lives...Very Happy

We could let you know which time zone everyone is in and during which times we may be expected, but, speaking for myself, I never know what comes up during the day so it would be difficult to set up a good, reliable time table.

xjessyx wrote:

I have one suggestion, nothing really big or meaningful. I would like to see different themes though. I've been on this site for nearly a year and it's been the same gray color. Like I said, it's nothing big, but just something.. refreshing.

Smile

I'll leave this one for Admin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:14

A slightly different idea. How about a topic for people requesting or would like to schedule chat times?

Like a Star @ heaven
Layloria
Layloria
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 19 Aug 2012, 14:08

Hello everyone,

I thank you for all your nice words and your continuous trust and support in Games4theworld!

Layloria wrote:Perhaps a timetable for online times for a member of staff to talk to people? Just like guidelines reminding people, the staff have lives...Very Happy
Layloria wrote:A slightly different idea. How about a topic for people requesting or would like to schedule chat times?

Like a Star @ heaven
It's hard to tell, since we all live in different time zones and, like Lady ElDi said, we never know what's going to come tomorrow, but we can provide an indication. E.g.: between 17-19 PM (GTM+1), something like that.

We used to have this AWESOME Live Support software, which could be contacted via the website, but unfortunately the old server was overloading because of the Live Support and the fact that too many (lol) people were visiting the website and downloading stuff from it.
By the time we got a new, lovely server that could handle the load, the used software was not freeware any more. Very sad, because it used to be a great piece of software. We could look for an alternative, but I don't think we'll find something that great, for free.

xjessyx wrote:I love how fast ya'll are to helping problems. Anytime that a friend needs help with their sims games or any tech, I send them straight here. I know that ya'll might not know the problem to every thing, but more often than not, you do. So I want to thank you for all that ya'll do when it comes to us needing help, and getting the newest sims 3 downloads in merely days after they are released.

Smile
Ah yes, I've been thinking about this one for a while now too. I was wondering when someone would ask.
The Forum has an integrated "theme test" feauture, which I can use to test new themese and see how they look on the Forum. But somewhere in my heart I didn't want to change, because I love the grey and orange theme.
But you're right, we certainly need some changes on the theme. I think I'll put up a new time every day, next week, so you all can see which one(s) you like. We can then vote for a new design?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 19 Aug 2012, 14:13

Admin wrote:
But you're right, we certainly need some changes on the theme. I think I'll put up a new time every day, next week, so you all can see which one(s) you like. We can then vote for a new design?

I think it's a good idea.
I have gotten kind of used to the orange and grey though. It's relaxing on the eyes and it's actually very responsible since your monitor doesn't use as much power displaying a dark coloured website as it does when it's displaying a bright colour.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 19 Aug 2012, 14:19

Lady ElDi wrote:
Admin wrote:

I think it's a good idea.
I have gotten kind of used to the orange and grey though. It's relaxing on the eyes and it's actually very responsible since your monitor doesn't use as much power displaying a dark coloured website as it does when it's displaying a bright colour.
Indeed very relaxing, especially at nights, when I'm usually on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Aug 2012, 15:24

I'd like to have a relaxing but colourful theme. I just like colours :3
The theme of SimFans.de is also very relaxing but colourful!

I'd also suggest to open a topic where you can post stuff about Sims 3 without problems with downloads or such. Just like 'Show your prettiest sim' and such.
No questions just fun! I have many screenshots I'd like to show! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 19 Aug 2012, 15:51

Stann700 wrote:I'd like to have a relaxing but colourful theme. I just like colours :3
The theme of SimFans.de is also very relaxing but colourful!

I'd also suggest to open a topic where you can post stuff about Sims 3 without problems with downloads or such. Just like 'Show your prettiest sim' and such.
No questions just fun! I have many screenshots I'd like to show! Very Happy

Hello,

That's actually what the "chit-chat" section is for.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Aug 2012, 16:07

^ I can barely see chit-chat xD I can see more problems than chit-chat! But still, a good topic will stay at the top Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sun 19 Aug 2012, 17:22

OMG! No! Layloria just cannot understand or work or find or use the new layout! HELP! I only found this topic because of the Profile > Topics Watching!
:'(
Layloria
Layloria
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 19 Aug 2012, 17:56

Layloria wrote:OMG! No! Layloria just cannot understand or work or find or use the new layout! HELP! I only found this topic because of the Profile > Topics Watching!

LOL
I was surprised myself. Just use the "Home" button in the menu on top to see the "normal" forum page.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sun 19 Aug 2012, 18:21

I too like the grey and orange theme and my eyes love it. I work with a lot of websites every day and believe me some people go way too far with bright colors Very Happy

I noticed we have an G4TW Exchange thread, perhaps it can be setup with sub-forums something like this: Screen Shots, Community Lots, Residential Lots, Sims, Recolors, and Custom Content.

I have quite a few Lots that I am testing to make sure they still work well with the 1.36 patch, after which I'll be glad to share them here.

EDIT//

A locked G4TW Sims3 Exchange that is Please provide feedback on our services! 2279017149 lol!
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 19 Aug 2012, 18:53

Layloria wrote:OMG! No! Layloria just cannot understand or work or find or use the new layout! HELP! I only found this topic because of the Profile > Topics Watching!

Lady ElDi wrote:

LOL
I was surprised myself. Just use the "Home" button in the menu on top to see the "normal" forum page.
Hello there,

Oops! I forgot to turn off that option and hadn't noticed myself until you guys told me.
It's normal again, I was just testing some options.

Dracos66 wrote:I too like the grey and orange theme and my eyes love it. I work with a lot of websites every day and believe me some people go way too far with bright colors Very Happy

I noticed we have an G4TW Exchange thread, perhaps it can be setup with sub-forums something like this: Screen Shots, Community Lots, Residential Lots, Sims, Recolors, and Custom Content.

I have quite a few Lots that I am testing to make sure they still work well with the 1.36 patch, after which I'll be glad to share them here.

EDIT//

A locked G4TW Sims3 Exchange that is Please provide feedback on our services! 2279017149 lol!
It's still locked, as we're working on the idea. I'll add those sub-fora soon.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2012, 20:53

Well, to be honest, I don't remember how I found your Mediafire Link (Only Mediafire, not here) & I was really excited to know that a site actually puts Sims 3 store files for free on mediafire! I was trying hard to find that site when somehow, suddenly Games for the world word occurred to my mind! Maybe it was a miracle, but I googled: sims 3 games for the world & your forums came up! I got so happy to find your site as I am right now. I don't how that happened, but I'm so grateful to god for that. Anyway, here are some suggestions:
- Having a couple of options for changing theme. You know, It gets boring when you use only 1 theme for a long time. At least for me.
- Removing vote button & using the Like System.
- And the one that is the most important & helpful to me is to upload Non-Torrent links for Sims 3 Games which is because downloading torrent files here is so much slower than Non-Torrents. Please Admin, I would love that if it's possible. And I don't think it's that hard to do that with your 8mb/s Transfer Rate! Very Happy
That was all for now. I should go & think about some other advices. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Aug 2012, 07:31

Thank you for your suggestions Mera.
I wonder if it's possible to put "like" buttons but it's a nice idea. Especially for when the exchange is up. I think a lot of people easily overlook the + and -.

You can get non-torrent downloads, there's a premium downloading service here but it costs you a little extra.
I don't think it can be done as a freebie because everyone will want to use it and in the end the server will overload.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 09:05

Mera wrote:- Having a couple of options for changing theme. You know, It gets boring when you use only 1 theme for a long time. At least for me.

That's what I was thinking too. I don't care if this is the main theme. I'd be happy just with some variety. That way when one theme gets boring, I can use another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:10

Mera wrote:Well, to be honest, I don't remember how I found your Mediafire Link (Only Mediafire, not here) & I was really excited to know that a site actually puts Sims 3 store files for free on mediafire! I was trying hard to find that site when somehow, suddenly Games for the world word occurred to my mind! Maybe it was a miracle, but I googled: sims 3 games for the world & your forums came up! I got so happy to find your site as I am right now. I don't how that happened, but I'm so grateful to god for that. Anyway, here are some suggestions:
- Having a couple of options for changing theme. You know, It gets boring when you use only 1 theme for a long time. At least for me.
- Removing vote button & using the Like System.
- And the one that is the most important & helpful to me is to upload Non-Torrent links for Sims 3 Games which is because downloading torrent files here is so much slower than Non-Torrents. Please Admin, I would love that if it's possible. And I don't think it's that hard to do that with your 8mb/s Transfer Rate! Very Happy
That was all for now. I should go & think about some other advices. Smile
Hello Mera,

Thank you for your suggestions! I'm working on finding some suitable themes, stay tuned on that one!
I'll see what I can do about the vote system. Because of the way this Forum is built, I don't think I can change much about that. But I'll try!
I'm afraid we can't (or won't) provide direct downloads. What we want is simulate torrents, since those are usually a lot faster than downloading from websites like MediaFire, which have download limits on them. If we'd provide direct downloads, a lot less people would use torrents and the torrent network will collapse.
Bittorrent downloads are usually high-speed and can be paused at any time.

Lady ElDi wrote:Thank you for your suggestions Mera.
I wonder if it's possible to put "like" buttons but it's a nice idea. Especially for when the exchange is up. I think a lot of people easily overlook the + and -.

You can get non-torrent downloads, there's a premium downloading service here but it costs you a little extra.
I don't think it can be done as a freebie because everyone will want to use it and in the end the server will overload.
What if I create a "How to vote for an item?" topic?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:34

Admin wrote:

Lady ElDi wrote:Thank you for your suggestions Mera.

What if I create a "How to vote for an item?" topic?

Sure, why not. It would be especially nice once the exchange is up for those who want to add to it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top