Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 text in balloons (?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 text in balloons (?) Empty Sims 3 text in balloons (?)

Post by Guest Wed 23 Feb 2011, 12:29

(alright first of all: sorry for my bad english)

Recently I have installed the Sims 3 and all available expansions and used the fix from this website 'caus it wouldn't start.
Now it works! But the problem is that a lot of the text in the balloon... interaction... thingies are gone!
About half of them still works, but you can't see what you're doing.
This applies to (to name a few) bars, elevators, washing machines etc.
I didn't find a post about this (yet), so my question is;

IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THIS? (other then installing it all again; tried that; didn't work Sad )

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 text in balloons (?) Empty Re: Sims 3 text in balloons (?)

Post by Admin Thu 24 Feb 2011, 15:49

Hello,

People reported that if you uninstall Fast Lane Stuff, it should fix the problem, so please try that.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 text in balloons (?) Empty Intervention

Post by Guest Thu 24 Feb 2011, 16:07

I will try it right now, and will let you know if it worked Wink

EDIT*:
Unfortunatly, it didn't work.. uninstalled Fast Lane and tried to start it again.
Still doesn't solve the problem I is confused

Last edited by robert92 on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 16:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tried to solve the problem)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Feb 2011, 11:51

Hello,

Ok, now please try the following:

1. Uninstall all The Sims 3 games installed on your system.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall The Sims 3.
4. Install all the expansions you like. (Skip Fast Lane Stuff, but dó install Late Night and Outdoor Living Stuff)
5. When you're done installing, apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
6. See if it works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 13:33

I will try this too as soon as I can and will report the results here Smile Wink
Is it necessary to delete all personal files to? (like savegames and custom music that's saved at "My Documents?")

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 28 Feb 2011, 18:08

robert92 wrote:I will try this too as soon as I can and will report the results here Smile Wink
Is it necessary to delete all personal files to? (like savegames and custom music that's saved at "My Documents?")
Hello,

You should backup that files and also delete them during the uninstallation process.
When you're done reinstalling everything, just put them back.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2011, 06:56

Well, I had the same problem as robert92. In this topic here, it says that the problem is solved by changing the game language to English. But I can't do that, as my little brother, who also plays the game, can't understand a single word in this language.

So I tried what was said here. Uninstalled everything, restarted my computer, and reinstalled it all, but without fast lane. But it hasn't changed anything.

Does anyone knows something else I could try? Or should I just go back to playing the base game, without expansions? Or maybe could I install just some of the expansions, like world adventures and ambitions (didn't tried that, as I wanted to play with all the expansions. But if I can't make it work with Late Night, maybe I'll give it a try... just not now, as I'm already working for 3 days on trying to make this game work)?

PS: Already tried changing to other languages, like portuguese from portugal (as I'm a Brazilian would be almost the same), spanish or german, but no one of those seem to work. It looks like it will only work in English...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 Mar 2011, 13:59

Dånut wrote:Well, I had the same problem as robert92. In this topic here, it says that the problem is solved by changing the game language to English. But I can't do that, as my little brother, who also plays the game, can't understand a single word in this language.

So I tried what was said here. Uninstalled everything, restarted my computer, and reinstalled it all, but without fast lane. But it hasn't changed anything.

Does anyone knows something else I could try? Or should I just go back to playing the base game, without expansions? Or maybe could I install just some of the expansions, like world adventures and ambitions (didn't tried that, as I wanted to play with all the expansions. But if I can't make it work with Late Night, maybe I'll give it a try... just not now, as I'm already working for 3 days on trying to make this game work)?

PS: Already tried changing to other languages, like portuguese from portugal (as I'm a Brazilian would be almost the same), spanish or german, but no one of those seem to work. It looks like it will only work in English...
Hello,

I see. The only fix would be changing the language to English, but I see that that's hard for your little brother.
What you could try is the following:

1. Completely uninstall The Sims 3 + All expansions.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall The Sims 3 base game.
4. Install all expansions you like, but skip Outdoor Living Stuff and dó install Late Night.
5. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
6. See if it works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top