Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugh, problems actually OPENING the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ugh, problems actually OPENING the game Empty Ugh, problems actually OPENING the game

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 02:04

So, I installed all games again after I kept getting error messages constantly, and I installed 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff to add to my collection on the macbook. And I've installed the ultimate fix and the crack correctly, but now, I'm getting the error messages of "Unable to start game, service initialization failed (0x024e42f) followed with the "exception raised: Unhandled exception 0x8000003 at address 0x0058abf6"

So naturally, after going through all the trouble to install all expansions, one can understand how I'm a bit ticked off at the game when it's not cooperating.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is? I have the latest patch: 1.48, and I installed the crack and the ultimate fix to see if that would fix anything, which it has not. I'm worried about having to reinstall everything AGAIN.

So yeah, advice, tips, help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have no mods currently installed in the game, and no cc as well.
I also have noticed that even though I have installed all expansions, a lot of the little icons in the launcher border don't show up at all. i.e. the launcher doesn't display the fact that I have showtime, supernatural, 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff, katy perry stuff, and etc. In fact, it's only showing the icons of games up to Town Life Stuff. Could this be a problem that may be causing the error messages?

//EDIT

I'm going to try reinstalling everything again to see if the same problems pop up again.

Please
feel free to comment with ideas or help while I'm uninstalling and
reinstalling everything. I think something got corrupted or botched
somewhere and I'm hoping a new reinstall will make things easier and/or a
bit clearer.

Back to top Go down

Ugh, problems actually OPENING the game Empty Re: Ugh, problems actually OPENING the game

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:53

I'm having the EXACT same problem Sad
Did you get it sorted? I've uninstalled and reinstalled half a dozen times now, and I've got no cc or mods either.
I'm wondering if maybe it's to do with the patch or something? Sad I don't know. I hope someone can help us!

(If any mods see this - feel free to delete my thread. I didn't realise there was an identical one just posted)

Back to top Go down

Ugh, problems actually OPENING the game Empty Re: Ugh, problems actually OPENING the game

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 19:41

Nicoletta, maybe it is the latest patch causing the crashing. I didn't think about that, probably due to my moaning and groaning about having to load up all the dmgs and things AGAIN.

But to test that theory, I'm going to try just updating to 1.47, and see if that'll fix the problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 22:32

Ah! Thank Christ, I finally got it working.
Okay - I used the ultimate fix again, then manually applied the patch (even though I'd already applied it and was patched to that version), then applied the crack.
I'm sure I've done it in that exact order before...but anyway! I was able to go in game for the first time today! So happy.
I hope you get your game working soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top