Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monte Vista Cake Problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monte Vista Cake Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Monte Vista Cake Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 00:59

I downloaded the Monte Vista world from the Mediafire account and everything seems to function except for the Happily Ever Frosted wedding cake. The item is in the buy catalog, but you can not select it, place it, or even see a description for it. It's pretty much unclickable. Any help would be much appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Monte Vista Cake Problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Monte Vista Cake Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 17:22

Hello =^^=,

Have you downloaded the most recent store fix from this site or the sims 3 site?

I have had a problem with the cake but after i updated the fix, i was able to use the cake but had a ghost twin of it pop up in my menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:07

My problem is that I want the Store Content Fix 2.2 to fix the invisible cake but my launcher can't download it ( unable to connect to origin thingy...). -I'm running Seasons (1.42). I found somewhere the ContentPatch.package file and put it in the right place, but no result. I read that the Launcher must download and install the patch till you get a popup message, only then is proper installed. Can you give me a little help with this ? >>> THANKS

EDIT. : SOLVED ! I wasn't able to download the latest store content patch because i wasn't upper patched than 1.42. This fixed the issue ! >>> THANKS AGAIN

Last edited by DJQuaie on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 14:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:12

G4TW keeps a copy of the store fixes that will actually apply to decrapified items on their mediafire here : http://www.mediafire.com/?8hvd25izaiea4

The folder is titled "Store Fixes" and is about 4 folders down Smile

EDIT// I just re-read your post, and we have a manual patch and everything to get around the actual launcher needing to update. Please follow steps 2-4 here to get your game completely up to date.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 23:09

I downloaded the most recent store update from The Sims 3 website. The cake problem was happening before the update, as well as after the update. I downloaded the store fix from G4TW's Mediafire, but but I couldn't install it because the instructions stated that I had to put it in a folder called Mods in my Sims 3 folder, but I don't have the Mods folder.

But why would I need to install the store fix from G4TW if I already have the store updated from The Sims 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Feb 2013, 23:40

It's the game itself that I gave you the second link for. Your game is behind in updates.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ry6rjf1r3mbta4c
That explains how to install package files (like the store fixes) using a mods folder, including the download link that has the folder already set up (you will have to add the fixes)

And the official store fixes will do nothing for your game, since you're using decrapified, and not still security locked downloads. The targets for the official EA fixes are part of what gets removed for Admin to upload them to mediafire for us all to download.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 02:44

Thanks a lot invalidusername. The problem is solved, meaning that my sims can now have cake!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 20 Feb 2013, 03:47

You're so welcome! Very Happy Just don't let them eat too much all at once, you need to have cake dinners for like 8 days, too. XD
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top