Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virus/malware??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virus/malware?? Empty Virus/malware??

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2011, 14:08

I downloaded the sims 3 and it's expansion packs up to outdoor living stuff, had no problem with the game but ever since i downloaded it my computer has been acting up, anytime i go on youtube or play games online anything with media my computer makes strange sounds and lags for a few seconds and it does this repeatedly, this even occurs while playing the sims. Now I didn't want to blame my download for it, but when i noticed my sister had it as well and she downloaded the same game and expansions i got suspicious. It has to be the game because these are the only two computers that have it and i have another two in the house without the download that don't have this problem.

I scanned my computer but nothing came up, my sister restarted her computer to manufacturer's settings and the problem went away.
I got a second opinion from someone who is good with computers and they agreed that it's most likely the sims download, i trusted this site, so is there something that can be done about this?

Back to top Go down

Virus/malware?? Empty Re: Virus/malware??

Post by Admin Sat 23 Apr 2011, 22:46

Hello,

Doesn't sound very good. May I ask where you downloaded the torrent from? (Exact link please)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male