Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED] Empty Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 00:35

So i downloaded sims 3 base and downloaded seasons pack. Updated my base and installed the Seasons and after that i redownloaded the fix and copied the .exe and .dll file to the "Bin" folder. I started the game it gave me black screen for few seconds and after that it shut down and windows was trying to solve the problem and it closed automatically. I don't know what to do i can post screenshots if its needed and i need Help.
Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:22

Is your base game was patched to 1.50?

Back to top Go down

Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:07

Yes, i updated base game with that program i downloaded from this site as the installation guide told me to. But still getting black screen and game shuts down. I tried to do the DAD thingy i added every .exe file to that box but i couldn't add one launcher there i dnt know why

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:17

Can you Please Post the screenshots ( Not the Black Screen Ofcourse ahaha maybe the Message Error )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:31

I didn't take the picture but the error message is "Sims 3 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
Win 7

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:32

Try re-doing steps 2-4 here.

Also, backup and remove your "Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3" folder.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:58

I need to delete sims 3 folder or i have to move it away from that place? In my PC theres C:/program files/Electronic arts/Sims 3.
My PC skills are pretty bad that's why i have to ask everything over and over again, sry Smile

//EDIT
I downloaded new base game that Razor1911 and now i'm installing it after that i install the Seasons and try once more doing exactly like the guide says. Fingers crossed Smile

//EDIT
I installed the base game and started to install Seasons and it told me that update thingy and now i'm updateing the base game with this manual patch

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:09

Hello,

Install all your games first and then use the manual patch from step 2: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Don't forget to RE-DOWNLOAD the manual patch!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:16

I downloaded manual patch yesterday and do i have to do it again? I cant install the Seasons before i have patched it. It says in the guide that if you have problems with installing due update then do the step 2 first

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:26

Hello,

No, yesterday is the latest version.
Indeed, try this order: 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:44

Now i have installed both seasons and base game and i tried to patch again but it told me that i have the new version do i want to update it again. So do i have to do it again?

//EDIT

Now i got Error "The application failed to initialize properly. Peale ensure you are not attempting to run application on multiple Windows account simultaneously. If the problem still presists, peale reinstall application."

My other windows account is logged out.
I dnt know what to do Sad(( Please help

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:53

Hello,

Yes, just do the patch again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:00

I did it again and got the same error "The application failed to initialize properly. Peale ensure you are not
attempting to run application on multiple Windows account
simultaneously. If the problem still presists, peale reinstall
application."

//EDIT

That "Origin" thingy shows me that error

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:19

Completely restart your computer, only logging into the user that you're attempting to install on. This way the computer doesn't even open anything for the other user.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:23

Ill try it Smile You said few posts ago that i should remove the sims 3 folder? Do i have to move it somewhere or smth?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:33

It's not really necessary now, but it's the easiest way to start with a "blank slate" for the game. If you ever do so, just make a copy to your desktop and delete the original, or rename the folder.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:47

Okei i will Smile But i got the same error I is confused Do i have to reinstall all of it or what should i do?

//EDIT

My problem is solved Smile I just have to play sims on my other computer Very Happy Thanks anyways Smile))

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Feb 2013, 20:08

Hello,

That's sad, but since you assume it solved, we'll assume it solved as well.
If you change mind or need more assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again! Did everything like guide told me to but still black screen and sims will not start. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top