Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious questions about installing expansions and extras!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Curious questions about installing expansions and extras! Empty Curious questions about installing expansions and extras!

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:01

So I downloaded everything here because I'm a hoarder. >_> Problem, I know. But is there a certain order I need to install the expansions or is it just a install in whatever order kinda thing? Also; when I install the extra neighborhoods, store updates, etc, should I do that before doing the manual patch and the fix? I'm not new to cracks and the like, but I want to do this all with no problems. Know I have to install the expansions before doing the fix and patch. I tried looking in the forums, but didn't find anything. Chance I overlooked it lol. Any help is appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Curious questions about installing expansions and extras! Empty Re: Curious questions about installing expansions and extras!

Post by Admin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:36

Hello,

There's no specific order, no. As long as you follow these steps in the right order, that's all: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix!

As for the Custom Content, I recommend installing them after having tested everything.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Curious questions about installing expansions and extras! Empty Re: Curious questions about installing expansions and extras!

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:39

Thank you so much for the help! I wasn't sure if there was or wasn't and figured it was better to ask than not and be screwed lo. So then after I install the fix and patch, I download them all again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:40

Hello,

No problem, we're here to help after all!

Sorry, download what again?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:41

The ultimate fix and the manual patch. After I install them both, I redownload them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:46

Hello,

No, what I mean is that you should re-download them when you get to that specific step. For example, when you get to step 3, re-download the Ultimate Fix, don't use an old version you still have stored on your PC.

As for the manual patch - since it's quite a big file (1.2GB) - if you're 100% sure that it's the 1.50 manual patch downloaded from this website, you may skip re-downloading that one.
Do re-download the Ultimate Fix though!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:47

Oh. Haha, I'm such a blonde it's sad. I've actually just downloaded the patch and the fix yesterday. So I'm good on that? Don't have to download anything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 22:55

Hello there,

If you downloaded them both yesterday... yes, you're good, no need to re-download.
Just be sure you're not using an old(er) download!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top