Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Software update problem D:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Software update problem D: Empty Software update problem D:

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 18:31

Hi ^.^

I am new to the whole expansion pack download thing via torrents so please forgive me if I sound stupid in any sense xD...So I've had sims 3 base game off Razor 1911. I played sims a lot when I first had it and it quickly got boring..and now that I started playing it again...I figured I wanted to add expansions....but anyway xD...sorry about the rambling...Okay so to cut the story short...I've downloaded the 'Outdoor Stuff' expansion via your torrents. I followed all the steps given in the zip folder. Now when I went to start my game, it said I needed to update my software D: Sooo I downloaded "The Sims 3 latest FIX! (Should fix most of your problems)". Was I retarded for downloading that..I dint know >.< But I was hoping it would fix my update problem. So i followed all the steps here too...and when I reached step 10...I got stuck because when opened sims 3 game launcher and click 'game updates' it says "Unable to connect to EA download manager". What dumb mistake am I making? >.< I apologize once again if all that explanation I made above was gibberish D: Thank you for going through this and I'd be sooo glad if my problem can be fixed ^.^ Thank yoous

Back to top Go down

Software update problem D: Empty Re: Software update problem D:

Post by Admin Thu 05 May 2011, 21:32

Hello,

First of all, do you have the EADM installed?

Also, the instructions say that you also nééd Late Night in order to make the fix work. I recommend you try without LN to see if it works. If not, you also need to download and install LN and then re-apply the fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male