Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims3 Launcher/Software Update Problem.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3 Launcher/Software Update Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Sims3 Launcher/Software Update Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 21:31

All right, I really tried sifting through the forums to help find a solution to my problem but I was unable to find one exactly like mine with a solution to fix it, otherwise I would never had started this topic and bothered you. Smile

But basically whats wrong is I have the latest Sim update, I'm at 1.33, and sometimes when I try to install store items it gives me an error and says I need to make sure I have the latest software update. Every store item I've installed has been from your Mediafire, some of them work for me some of them fail. I don't know why exactly. All my CC works fine, it's just store items that have an issue. (Like I said some of the store items and sets install and the others say they require a software update).

I was wondering if there could be a solution to this? My launcher does have the latest patch if that might be an issue? I'm not sure.

And just for reference, in case this information can be helpful, I have Sims3, Ambitions, World Adventures, Master Suite, Late Night, Showtime and Generations. I updated my game using the ultimate fix and then even tried re-updating it using your manual patch (while still following the ultimate fix instructions and re-applying the crack).

Back to top Go down

Sims3 Launcher/Software Update Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims3 Launcher/Software Update Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 02 May 2012, 21:38

Hello,

It's not entirely sure why that would happen, but most of the time those store items don't work because they're encrypted and not recognized by a cracked game. The items work for some, not for others. Most of our store updates have been decrapified, or are supposed to have been.
Which items won't install?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims3 Launcher/Software Update Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims3 Launcher/Software Update Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 22:08

Quite a few to be honest, and some of them appear to install (like the cow plant) but then don't show up in game. But right now these are the ones in my launcher, that I still have, that say they need a software update.

Cow Plant
Kingdom Fashions
FordSet
Glitter and Glam
Divalicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 May 2012, 22:43

Hello,

Just to be sure it's not the download, try using the Games4theworld version of the Cowplant, which can be downloaded from our official MediaFire account here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8uy4gu2y8jqt (It's under "Other")

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 23:28

That's the version of the Cow Plant I've been downloading (I've actually downloaded it three times now to make sure it wasn't a corruption issue or that I didn't get it from somewhere else without remembering), but I went to the link and and downloaded it again just to be sure.

Went to the launcher, installed it, it said it was a success/done. Went on Sims, it still only shows up in buy mode for 600 Sim points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 May 2012, 00:01

Reinecerise wrote:That's the version of the Cow Plant I've been downloading (I've actually downloaded it three times now to make sure it wasn't a corruption issue or that I didn't get it from somewhere else without remembering), but I went to the link and and downloaded it again just to be sure.

Went to the launcher, installed it, it said it was a success/done. Went on Sims, it still only shows up in buy mode for 600 Sim points.
Hello,

So I don't see what the issue is. It's installed successfully to your game now, right? And if it shows up in-game, it's working just fine.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 00:24

Well it shows up in game as something you have to buy using sim points, not simoleons. Like, after I install it it says it's been successful, but then when I start Sims3 it acts like I never installed it and I have to purchase it. When I re-open the launcher it shows up like it was never installed either, so I just end up reinstalling it but I still cant get to it in game mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 May 2012, 00:51

Hello,

Oh, I see what you mean now, sorry. Try THIS, please.
If that didn't work either, please post the result here and wait for Lady ElDi's reply. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 01:30

It's no problem at all, I should have explained it better the first time, and thank you, but I'm afraid it didn't work.

I deleted everything said, went back to the launcher everything was uninstalled, reinstalled my sim packs. Everything installed successfully except those few items that weren't installing before. The Cow Plant was one of the ones that it said installed successfully, but when I logon it's still not in buy mode for simoleons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 07:15

I had the EXACT same issue you do when i first tried to install the Cow Plant. The way i resolved it was by converting the sims3pack file in to a .package file with this program HERE .

Delphy's Multi-Extractor is what it says..... It extracts the .sims3pack file and allows it to be used and installed as a .package file.

If you dont know how to install package files use THIS guide to help you out.

Let us know if this helped your issue with installing you CC

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 03 May 2012, 07:59

Hello,

*\_SugaRBomB_/* 's way is a good way to get unwilling sims3packs to install.
Also, turn off the in game store. It serves no purpose, gets in the way, and the advertorials can cause a game crash.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 21:45

Thank you! Sugarbomb's suggestion worked perfectly on the cow plant.

I also turned off the in game store, which I admit was getting annoying. I didn't even know you could turn it off until you said so.

So, again, thank you all very much for the help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 03 May 2012, 21:55

Hello,

Glad we were able to help!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top