Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED] Empty Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 07:41

The title says it all....I'm not exactly sure if this is supposed to happen? I got my sim to do the University test thingo before she left. I've tried numerous amount of times to re-send her to University but the same thing keeps happening...

Back to top Go down

Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:35

Yes, it is supposed to happen. Just choose "Choose Household" and select to move your sim in either a fraternity or a sorority or you can rent a house by yourself or with a roomate.

Back to top Go down

Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sat 23 Mar 2013, 13:36

You shouldn't have to re-select the active sim as a household, as that is probably going to cause other problems down the road. Any mods?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 23:00

Yeah I have mods, but the same thing happens with my sister and she doesn't have any mods or custom content. So it's most likely not mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:38

I think this problem has nothing to do with mods or cc. Yesterday this happened to me too. I also have other problems:

- Sims aren't graduating and aren't getting any credits when they return home. It's like they never attended university.
- When sims go home, the "traveling home"- screen appears without warning at midnight (just like in World Adventures) not at 9pm...
- While at hometown random sims suddenly walk right into my house and they seem to be my "roommates".
- Game crashes a lot
- On a lecture sims won't go home when they should. One time I noticed my sim was sitting on a lecture late at night with other sims (lecture should have ended hours ago.)

I don't have any mods or cc. I think university life and WA- expansions have somehow mixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 14:04

I tried the fix, but it didn't work, one question though with the fix...Do I have to do that fix every time I want to play sims? Any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 31 Mar 2013, 14:43

Natalya wrote:Yes, it is supposed to happen. Just choose "Choose Household" and select to move your sim in either a fraternity or a sorority or you can rent a house by yourself or with a roomate.
Ignore what he said. It is fake!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 15:09

What do you mean it's fake? Do you mean that isn't supposed to happen? If so do you know any way I could fix this problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 31 Mar 2013, 16:06

Backup and completely remove "documents/electronic arts/sims 3" then try the game.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Apr 2013, 13:30

I mean it is not supposed to happen!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 05:36

I'm having the same problem right now. Did backup/remove files work for you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 21:49

same problem.. backup/delete backup, mods, folder The Sims 3 in my documents don't work for me.. any ideas? Sad

edit.
also university world is loading, and loading and after 20mins its still loading.. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 05:51

Hello,

Can you open another topic to discuss the issue?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 09:35

Hi.
I reinstalled sims 3 university, because it didnt work even with new family, new neighborhood, like I said before I deleted my mods, downloads, backup, then I removed entire Sims 3 in my document and it didn help. no sense to think about it longer, so i reinstalled expansion and installed again.
Now everything is work fine so its solved for me Razz

Thanks Smile

//LOCKED
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top