Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installer won't work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installer won't work Empty Installer won't work

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 12:49

Hello!

I have just downloaded all of your Sims 3 expansion packs and tried to install them. However, when I click the Installer of any of the EPs it just bounces once and then it vanishes. I have no idea why!
I have successfully installed Sims 3 base game and Sims 3 Pets and they both work like a charm but I cannot open any installer of the EPs!
I use a Mac, has anyone had that problem?
Please Help!!!! Help Help Help

Back to top Go down

Installer won't work Empty Re: Installer won't work

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013, 14:03

I'm having the same problem. The installer keeps bouncing until I click it and then it vanishes. I tried changing the .rar file into .dmg (worked for the World Adventures EP) and didn't work this time. The installation guide that's inside the folder is for PC (I have a MAC). Don't know what to do Sad

Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish Embarassed

Thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 May 2013, 19:21

Hello,

Sorry for not getting back to this topic! We've somehow missed it.
I've moved your topic to the Mac section. Since I do not have much Mac knowledge, please wait for a reply from someone with more Mac experience. Thank you!

Ps. Try this in the meantime: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7248-how-to-install-sims-3-with-or-without-ep-s-on-mac-dmg-creating
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 15:04

What did you use to create the iso's?
I found this happened when i tried to create and iso's using disk utility and i got the bouncing icon.
However, when i turned the zip files into CDR files using disk utility, it worked. It takes a bit longer to make that kind of file, but im guess somewhere some info gets lost making an ISO. I know there is a 3rd part iso creation tool you can use as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 22:13

hi guys, noobie here,

I've had the same problem with my mac. I've followed all the instructions as I should, but I can't install the expansion pack (university life). It just bounces in the dock until I click it, and then it vanishes.
@meraki: I tried going back into Disk Utility to re-create the DMG file, but I don't have the option of creating a CDR file, only CD/DVD (as the instructions say to pick).

EDIT:
Meraki, I see you say you convert the ZIP file to CDR, not the RAR file. does this change the procedure?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Jun 2013, 22:17

FashionablyChic wrote:hi guys, noobie here,

I've had the same problem with my mac. I've followed all the instructions as I should, but I can't install the expansion pack (university life). It just bounces in the dock until I click it, and then it vanishes.
@meraki: I tried going back into Disk Utility to re-create the DMG file, but I don't have the option of creating a CDR file, only CD/DVD (as the instructions say to pick).

EDIT:
Meraki, I see you say you convert the ZIP file to CDR, not the RAR file. does this change the procedure?
Hello,

Please open your own topic. That makes it easier for us to track progress and to provide personal support. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male