Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 06:43

Hey all,

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been proposed before, but, I am getting really frustrated.

I've downloaded a number of expansions (World Adventures, High End Loft, Showtime, Late Night, Generations, and Pets) but none of them work. I use stuffit expander to unrar all of the files and then I'm given a file that includes a number of smaller files including the #Crack and Installer. Over and over I have created a dmg file from Disk Utility, but the Launchers still don't work. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. I've read a few other articles on here on how to do it properly. What happens is that I right click and try to open the Launchers but then it simply doesn't do anything besides create room on the dock for .01 second for something that's just not going to show. I'm sorry if I am reiterating problems that have already been addressed, but, I am at my end on this issue. I spent literally 3 hours trying to figure it out tonight

Please help! I'll include screenshots of each step if that'll help. Thank you to anybody who responds in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Sat 20 Oct 2012, 08:10

Have you used Disk Utility to mount them?

I found a guide on here, skimmed through it, and it just seems lengthy.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7248-how-to-install-sims-3-with-or-without-ep-s-on-mac-dmg-creating

This one seems a bit less long.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2755-easy-method-of-installing-sims-3-base-gameexpansions-mac-guide

Hope they help, let us know if you already read them and tried it tho.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:41

Hi there

Here's what you have to do with the EPs downloaded from games4theworld.

1) Unzip them using Stuffit Expander so that it creates a folder with the files. (The reason is that Stuffit Expander is the ONLY expander known so far that fully unzip the files)

2) Check the file size of the upzipped folder. (Eg. Ambitions - 4.97 GB)

3) We will now create the .dmg file. To do this, open up ‘Disk Utility’ from the ‘Applications’
folder. Select ‘New Image’ from the Disk Utility.

Save As: (anything you wish to call it)
Name: (anything you wish to call it)
Size: at least 0.1 GB larger than the file size noted in Step 2. (Eg. 5.1GB)
Partitions: CD/DVD

Click “Create”.

4) Open up the dmg you just created. You will realise that its empty. Copy all the contents (cmd+a to select all files) of your unzipped folder into the .dmg image.

5) Now double-click on The Sims 3 [name of EP] Installer.

Let us know if it helps
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 00:09

Thank you both so so much for your response and helpful suggestions!

I figured out the problem (well, you guys did). Turns out I needed to use Stuffit Expander which I hadn't been using before to unzip files. I'm now having a different set of problems, but I'll look around before I ask about them Smile

Thanks again! Very Happy

//EDIT

UPDATE:

I just wanted to tell you guys that now I have a working sims 3 with all the expansions that I want. Thank you so much!

Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installer's Won't Open/Work. [SOLVED] 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Oct 2012, 17:48

Hello,

That's great news!
I hope you enjoy the game and do not hesitate to let us know if you need any more assistance!

Thank you, T2sink and Dieneryn!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top