Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please! Empty Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please!

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 19:31

Hello,
I'm having an issue/annoyance that I haven't been able to repair on my own. My CC and Store Content refuses to actually install into the Sims 3.
I've recently gotten my computer back from HP and at first I thought maybe it was my PC being a ridiculous pain, yet again, But after Rebooting the system myself, uninstalling and reinstalling the actually game, EP's and SP's I'm not so certain it has anything to do with my computer.
The first time I installed all my CC I installed it in a huge bulk checked to make sure that it was in the "Installed Content" spot and went on to play my game but as I went into create a sim I realized that none of the CC nor Store content I had downloaded for my sims was in the game, I left CAS and went on to the actual game itself and went to build/buy mode of housing and, again, nothing of my CC nor Store content was there.
I tried install the CC and Store content, again, but in smaller groups this time - still the same error occurred nothing was in my game with the exception of a few premade sims I had downloaded and one lot. Also none of my towns/worlds are downloading. I worked it down to where I was trying to download 5 items at a time and even that small of a group isn't downloading into the game.
Please help! I don't know what else to do to make it work. I despise EA's in game content and don't like playing without my CC. =( Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please! 2830496658
Edit: I've also cleaned my cache and whatnot within the Sims the files and that did not fix the problem.

Back to top Go down

Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please! Empty Re: Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please!

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 20:23

Hi:

just happen to me,and thisand this what i found it helped me to solve my problem ... I love you

Back to top Go down

Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please! Empty Re: Custom Content and Store Content not installing? Help, Please!

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 20:46

Bah! I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do with that. Nor am I sure that it's actually going to help, some of the things are downloading while most of it isn't. Most of the things that aren't downloading is all CC fromhttp://www.thesimsresource.com/ so perhaps this is on them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 22:38

Ugh never mind, thanks for all the help though. After hours of Google research I've come to find that the problem lies with EA and their ridiculous patches that they obviously cannot test properly before releasing them. It's apparently been ongoing, slowly growing problem since the newest patch was released. I suppose myself, along with countless others, will be waiting on EA to remove their heads from their bums and actually fix the problem, again. YAY EA and their crappy patches, fixes and advice. =\

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:09

Hello:

What I'm trying to tell you is to assure that your game is fully patched and you can use this to figure out ( for me i found that I missed 4 patches and I was thinking, my game is ok, Shocked ) then clear your caches and use this
tool to decrapify your sims3pack one by one. then install them in small group /for example 10 each time/ and everything will be ok which i hoooope... Very Happy ( sorry for this mess i feel like I'm doing a milkshake Facepalm Embarassed ) after all I wish you can figure out what I'm telling you.... I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 11 Apr 2013, 14:31

Another thing you could do is use ccmagic. It's pretty awesome, but won't install (some) lots, sims, or worlds.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top